Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the Gateway attendance thread. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the Gateway attendance thread. . .

. . . since this ain't my board.

Radio kept talking about the great crowd. TV didn't show the stands that I saw. Anybody get the estimate and the obligatory Robin Miller Half-off estimate?
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Re: Looking for the Gateway attendance thread. . .

Originally posted by rev-ed
    . . . since this ain't my board.

Radio kept talking about the great crowd. TV didn't show the stands that I saw. Anybody get the estimate and the obligatory Robin Miller Half-off estimate?
    hey Rev
    Since The major OW leagues have grounded all blimps
    I suggest we ties a few lines to Jackie
    and send him aloft
    for another "elevated" mood
    carl s
    Indio, CA
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

The original stands looked pretty full to me. I think they hold 48,000. If that's true, I'd guess the crowd was between 35-40,000. The empty stands were built later when Gateway got it's Busch race.
      Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Originally posted by slinger
        The original stands looked pretty full to me. I think they hold 48,000. If that's true, I'd guess the crowd was between 35-40,000. The empty stands were built later when Gateway got it's Busch race.
        I think your way high slinger....never saw a straight shot but they looked to be significantly more empty then full....they were way spread out.....I'd say 20 is generous

Comment

Okay, I'm in. My guess is 31K. Decent crowd for a hot day at a lousy track.

Comment

The RockyMountainOysterKing is trying to tell us the stands were empty! (ROTFLMAO)

Get some glasses, lamb chop.

BTW, my guess based on how full the stands were, is a few under 35,000.
            "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

Originally posted by The Fry Sauce King
              I think your way high slinger....never saw a straight shot but they looked to be significantly more empty then full....they were way spread out.....I'd say 20 is generous
              Thanks, Robin!
              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

If it holds 48 then there are about 33-37k i think!

Comment

The main grandstand looked fuller than not full to me, Fry Sauce.

Maybe ecat has some crowd shots?
                  "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                  ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Last edited by dreamracer; 08-10-2003, 07:40 PM.
                    Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

Indystar.com : "Castroneves celebrated in his famous fence-climbing manner before a crowd estimated at 30,000."

The artemis crowd shots look pretty good

Good to hear from reckster that the fan experience was improved from previous years: http://www.trackforum.com/forums/sho...threadid=31393
                      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Holy S---!!!

Can we count the one in purple twice????????

Comment

Originally posted by Turn13, snipped with no malicious or personal intent...
                          Indystar.com : "Castroneves celebrated in his famous fence-climbing manner before a crowd estimated at 30,000..."
                          There it is again. That $%#@&*@!# "30,000" number. I can almost hear the guys in the newsroom...

"Hey, Joe, how was the IRL race?"

"Not bad, but I got so caught up watching the thing I forgot to get a crowd estimate."

"30,000."

"How do you know?"

"That's all IRL races get."

"Uh, thought Indianapolis got a few more than that."

"Are you in Indianapolis? 30,000. Go make your **** deadline."

"I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                          --Danny Noonan

Comment

Gateway International Raceway is a 1.25-mile banked oval track that also has a championship drag racing facility next door. The track currently seats 55,000,

that's from the dover motorsports webpage...

frankly I don't really care, but if there was 35+ wouldn't the IRL be returning?

Comment

Good one, skypigeon! I was at Michigan, which also was estimated at 30,000. It sure seemed like more people were there than we see at sellouts at Conseco Fieldhouse, or at the RCA dome, for that matter.

I would like to see Gateway remain on the schedule. Half full or better seems good enough to build on, even with liberal freebies. I'm sure of this: the folks there saw a good race.

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X