Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like the IRL may be racing RR ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like the IRL may be racing RR ......

sooner rather than later.... according to all the rummors floating around Bernard, Rupert, Vigin Airways are not coming to the rescue with $50 + milliion, seems like the current owners are passing the hat around to see if they can keep the ship afloat.........what's the timeline here will the IRL be running RR in 2004.

Give it a rest, you have been wrong countless times, if CART goes belly up, something will replace it, not IndyCar. In fact, that may be the best course of action, except for the fact that I don't know where the teams/cars will come from, where it will be telecast and who will pay the freight.

Comment

I will bet anything that if CART dies, the IRL will be racing at Long Beach the next year. The Manufacturers are now calling the shots, and Toyota wants the IRL at Long Beach.

If I'm wrong, I'll never post here again.
      "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
      Vice President, Marketing
      IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
        Give it a rest, you have been wrong countless times, if CART goes belly up, something will replace it, not IndyCar.
        Like what?
        He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing
          I will bet anything that if CART dies, the IRL will be racing at Long Beach the next year. The Manufacturers are now calling the shots, and Toyota wants the IRL at Long Beach.

yep...you are correct

Comment

I agree that if CART dies the League will be at Long Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by CamKing

Aloha Cammy,,,

Don't leave, that would really hurt,,,, You are one of them Grand Poo Bahs...

But I will take that bet, we can make it a little fun, at the same time....

I will eat me hat, on the Yard of Bricks, if the IRL brain trust runs Road Courses, before 2006, under the current rules... Maybe IPS cars, or something else... But no trick rules,,,, just for fun...

Now we both know the rules can change, before the ink dry's... I like that, but you don't.... And I think I understand that, it was NOT my OX that got Gored.... But your Ox did,,, and he got it pretty good... I can understand that... Maybe all our, Bovines Butts, got it the same day, or when Toyota and Honda , made that first phone call to Tony... I am not smart enought to know.... It all depends who ends up driving the bus, I guess....

We will keep this lite, maybe the both of us can go down to the Classy Chassis, and see what king of hat we'd like to wear... Or not wear, so be the case... Or we can go to Long's and see if they can make us one, that is just a little more palatable....

Maybe have one made to IRL spec's, that way we could change the "Rules" or "Make Up" of the hats, depending which way the wind was blowing,,, on the day of the,,, Big Eat's Hat Day.... But between the Classy Chassis, and Longs,,, we shoud be able to fine something to eat, that neither one of us,,, would die from.... All in fun,,, just for fun, except the Classy Chassis,,,, that might get serious, but between friends.... No Harm,,, No Foul...
              Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-09-2003, 04:13 PM.
              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii
                But between the Classy Chassis, and Longs,,, we shoud be able to fine something to eat, that neither one of us,,, would die from....
                Well that rules out the Classy Chassis

I'll take your bet. I'm saying the Indy Racing league will run a race on the streets of Long Beach the year after CART dies.

The loser has to eat a Longs donut at the Classy Chassis.
                "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                Vice President, Marketing
                IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

I too am starting tobelieve the IRL will be at Long Beach next year IF CART goes away.

Too be honest the IRL will not have many more Pre-Indy choices next season. With no Vegas & the possibility of not going to Homestead. That leave Phoenix & Motegi only. And Long Beach is a Pre-Indy event....

Comment

Is Pookie the LB promoter? If he is, how will that play out?
                    Is it May yet?
                    Take me back to a world gone away-James Pankow

Comment

if CART goes belly up, something will replace it

I have heard this countless times and I still don't believe it. What did Cart and the IRL have in common when they started their respective series...... yep that's right the Indy 500. Neither would have been able to get off the ground had they not had their participants in Indy.

So without Indy how is another series going to arise? It's ain't gonna happen.

There is only room for one OW series in the US, and barely enough room. If there is enough pent up demand for OW racing then why are there underperforming dates now?

When Cart dies nothing is going to replace it. The IRL will cherry pick the rr dates they want, the ALMS will get the others or will see their current dates at track like Mid-Ohio and Elkhart Lake become the season headliner.

Comment

There are series out there that race roads and streets, like ALMS and Trans AM, with promoters and venues wanting to continue, someone would pick up the pieces. Robin Wrong mentioned three owners trying to put something together (all of them on Pook's doll already), there is a novel idea, owners running a series, that ought to work. I can just see them paying other "weak-sisters" almost $2 million to ride around at the back of the pack next rear, about a dozen of them. These are the same people that won't even run their own car on their own dime. CART will fail, I don't buy into the latest "white hope," plan. What evolves from will race some of those same venues, but it won't be IndyCar and it won't be called CART... Before I am attacked as a racist, "white hope" was the term for a boxer like Jerry Clooney, who was to save boxing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X