$1.45/405200 shares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1.45/405200 shares

It's 2:40 in the afternoon ET with about an hour and 20 minutes of trading left and MPH is at $1.45 with a whopping 405,200 shares traded. They're being traded in pretty hefty blocks, between 25,000 and 40,000 shares at a time.
    What do we make of this?
    SELL: Short sellers, institutionals giving up, program triggers under $1.50, shareholders who don't believe in the buyout.
    BUY: Day traders looking for a quick bounce, speculators, maybe some car owners, people who think the buyout is going to happen at a favorable price.
    The price hit an alltime low of $1.40 and has been as high as $1.49.
    Any other ideas?
    "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

How about insiders or their friends bouncing shares around between themselves, trying to make it look like 'something' is happening?

Well, today was supposed to be the big day, but it's almost 3:30, and I'm sitting here and my socks are still on...
    I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Could be, deb.....it's a little mystifying because the price isn't going anywhere. If they're going to make an announcement, it's likely the 10Q and they won't do that until after the market closes.

Comment

It is now up to 536,700 shares traded. You would think this means something.
        IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

It's at 1.52.
          Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

......and volume of 549,700....that last $1.52 trade about 25 minutes before the close was for 10,000 shares......

Comment

Closed unchanged from yesterday at 1.45 on a volume of 593,600 shares. That's a lot of shares!

Comment

Those smaller trades at $1.50 and $1.52 late, when someone unloaded a big block at the closing bell, went right back down to $1.45. Late trade pushed the volume to 603,300.

Comment

Originally posted by indycool
                  Those smaller trades at $1.50 and $1.52 late, when someone unloaded a big block at the closing bell, went right back down to $1.45. Late trade pushed the volume to 603,300.
                  Indycool, what's your source? The info you get is obviously later than what I get. Mine comes from:

http://moneycentral.msn.com/scripts/...=qd&Symbol=MPH

Comment

my link shows over 600,000 shares traded, at the same price, strange.

Comment

slinger, I kinda watch nyse.com regularly on it and match up the jumps.....there's some site that you can follow actual trades but I don't know what it is....I'll check yours....maybe it's the best....

Comment

It's now up to 1.74. Is something going on?

Comment

1.80 now... thats a 24.14% gain over yesterdays close...

Comment

$1.83

26.21% increase
                            IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Someone purchased about 115,000 shares at the start of the day, which may explain the rally. Up to 1.83 which is 26.21%.

As IndyIRLman noted.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X