Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture this:

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Picture this:

    I was reading somewhere about Bernie E going over Cart's financial statements (supposedly in an effort to decide what if any offer he was going to make for the series).

    Now you have to consider where Bernie is coming from. He has become fantastically rich off of F1 (selling the rights).

    I can hear him asking:
    Cart has to pay to get on TV?? How much?
    Cart has to pay teams to participate in the series?? How much?
    What revenues does Cart get for putting on a race?


    Now considering how much F1 gets paid to get on TV and the financial standing of some of it's teams and how much of a fee F1 gets paid for putting on a race, can you imagine his reaction to the current financial situation Cart is in?

  • #2
    ...something along these lines...
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

    Comment


    • #3

      Comment


      • #4
        Why is this on the IRL forum?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Defender
          Why is this on the IRL forum?
          I suppose the point might be that TG would have a similar reaction if he too were reading the financial statements.
          Barney Oldfield - AJ Foyt - Jim Clark - Dan Gurney - IMS - IMS YT - INDYCAR - INDYCAR YT

          Comment


          • #6
            Good, solid IRL topic.
            "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Picture this:

              Originally posted by silva2

              Now considering how much F1 gets paid to get on TV and the financial standing of some of it's teams and how much of a fee F1 gets paid for putting on a race, can you imagine his reaction to the current financial situation Cart is in?
              CART as a vehicle for Bernie to manage promotion, and create anything approaching Formula One is absurd.

              However.........

              I've made a modest practice of following what Mr. Ecclestone has accomplished with Formula One. IF he was dedicated to it, and had the complete control of ALL open wheel racing in the U.S., I have every confidence the current morass which is open wheel racing in the U.S. would show remarkable improvement.

              There's a certain dichotomy involved in promotion of motorsport. There are certainly weaknesses that exist in Formula One. But over the years Bernie told millions that it was the greatest thing since flush toilets. They believed him..........they still do.

              Recently millions were told that open wheel racing in the U.S. sucked. They believed it...........they still do. The reasons keep changing but the results are the same.

              There exists an incorrect assumption that creating a good product and allowing the public to judge it as satisfactory is all it takes. That's wrong. The public is too fickle to accept that responsibility. The illusion has to be created that your product is something that they can't live without. And that's a tough thing to do in the entertainment business. Nobody in the current U.S. open wheel picture is very successful at it.

              GV

              Comment


              • #8
                (Good post GV....)


                Originally posted by STAND E
                I suppose the point might be that TG would have a similar reaction if he too were reading the financial statements.
                tg better be paying attn to the statements we'll never get to see....

                I completely believe those would be an eyefull, too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Re: Picture this:

                  Originally posted by GrandView
                  CART as a vehicle for Bernie to manage promotion, and create anything approaching Formula One is absurd.

                  However.........

                  I've made a modest practice of following what Mr. Ecclestone has accomplished with Formula One. IF he was dedicated to it, and had the complete control of ALL open wheel racing in the U.S., I have every confidence the current morass which is open wheel racing in the U.S. would show remarkable improvement.

                  There's a certain dichotomy involved in promotion of motorsport. There are certainly weaknesses that exist in Formula One. But over the years Bernie told millions that it was the greatest thing since flush toilets. They believed him..........they still do.

                  Recently millions were told that open wheel racing in the U.S. sucked. They believed it...........they still do. The reasons keep changing but the results are the same.

                  There exists an incorrect assumption that creating a good product and allowing the public to judge it as satisfactory is all it takes. That's wrong. The public is too fickle to accept that responsibility. The illusion has to be created that your product is something that they can't live without. And that's a tough thing to do in the entertainment business. Nobody in the current U.S. open wheel picture is very successful at it.

                  GV

                  ...good post.
                  ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "dichotomy"

                    Grandview's back!!

                    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      More hysteria. The Indianapolis Motor Speedway and its affiliates do not have much to worry about in the income or financial departments.

                      Comparing IMS/IRL finances to c^rt is both insulting and pathetic.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        GV seems like a pretty smart fellow.
                        IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think what GV is saying is that the IRL ought to learn how to promote itself better. I agree.

                          Any notion that Bernie wants anything to do with the pungent remains of c^rt becomes more laughable by the minute.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Defender
                            I think what GV is saying is that the IRL ought to learn how to promote itself better. I agree.
                            I think what many of the loyal, articulate IRL fans on this board are saying is............the product to be promoted is becoming a moving target.

                            GV

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              GrandView hit the perception bullseye!
                              Have a very blessed day!

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X