Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Indy 500 IS a better sell than the BY400!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Indy 500 IS a better sell than the BY400!

Forgive me for actually watching the NASCAR Desecration Of Hallowed Ground 400, but did you see all those empty seats in the turn 3/short chute area?!?

You can only see them from the chopper shots, but the sun bounces off those empty metal grandstands like a flood light!

Yep, The Indy 500 still is king of the Brickyard!
    - Make a note of the word 'Gobbly-gook'. I like it and I want to use it more often in conversation.
    --Yes, sir.

I dunno, there was a few empty seats at Indy too...

Both are a sell outs, so I think its kinda a wash if you ask me.

Comment

The thing about the BY 400 is there are no General Admission seats sold. How full is the infield? If there were 10 000 unsold seats, on top of everyone sitting in the infield, it probably does look thin.
      It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Why it is such a big deal if one race has 173.414 more fans than an other on the average the past few years?
        Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Originally posted by StatMan
          Why it is such a big deal if one race has 173.414 more fans than an other on the average the past few years?
          That's like 55 pi.

jmart

Comment

Because there are a lot of people on this forum, and in the media who go trolling around saying the Indy 500 is dead, NASCAR rules IMS and that while IMS still has the biggest spectator event of the year, its now the BY400.

100& Bullshiite and this race proves it.

While its not good to see attendance falling at IMS, this is sweet redemption for all those loyal fans who believe that the Indy 500 has, is, and always will be the biggest event in motorsports.
            - Make a note of the word 'Gobbly-gook'. I like it and I want to use it more often in conversation.
            --Yes, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderfree: Yep, The Indy 500 still is king of the Brickyard!
              I would have to agree with you wholeheartedly. IndyCars are the very best racing for me outside of the sprints. it was awful to know that with 10 laps left in the race everyone knew it was gona be Harvick. I think I've been spoiled watching indycars.
              http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Originally posted by FenderFree
                Because there are a lot of people on this forum, and in the media who go trolling around saying the Indy 500 is dead, NASCAR rules IMS and that while IMS still has the biggest spectator event of the year, its now the BY400.

100& Bullshiite and this race proves it.

While its not good to see attendance falling at IMS, this is sweet redemption for all those loyal fans who believe that the Indy 500 has, is, and always will be the biggest event in motorsports.
                Couldn't agree more.......
                If you can't win....Be spectacular!

Comment

There were a lot of empty seats in the North Chute,but there were a lot of people on the bachstretch mounds. Again they must have tickets to get in.

Comment

There were empty seats in the North chute (2nd year in a row) and a lot of bare aluminum in the first 3 - 4 sections at the start of the NE Vista at this years 500. Sorry, the place looked as full to me for the BY as it did for the 500.
                    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Contrasting attendance at these two events makes about as much sense as contrasting a basketball game and a concert held at the same civic center.

The two series are NOT in competition. Following one does NOT preclude following another. They are 100% COMPLEMENTARY. Two sides of the same coin.

Both drew (and the USGP will draw) 100s of 1000s of people, many of them not from Indianapolis to that city. All are good for Indy and good for the fans.

If the Indy 500 drew 17 more fans than the BY 400, great. If v-v great. It they were a tie, great.

Comment

We sat in Turn 2. From Stand E to the exit of two, there was not enough room to breathe deeply.

I know a couple of people who have tickets that elect to sit on the mounds on the inside of turn 2, because they have kids and the kids can run around a bit in the grass. But to get there, you have to have a seat. No general admission, as already mentioned.

I sit directly across from those mounds...they were, I am guessing, 500 folks spread out with blankets and chairs in that area.

Comment

I sat in stand E, section 30. Lots of 1's empties and some 2 or more. Didn't recognize anyone around us from last year's race. Sit in the Northeast Vista, section 5 for the 500. Recognized most people in our area and no empties.

Dave
                          "I doubt NASCAR really cares one way or the other what Richard Petty does at this point in his life..." -hdolan. Very sad but very true.

Comment

Will repeat again what scalpers told me on Saturday. "This is the worst it has ever been for 400 or 500."

Comment

"While its not good to see attendance falling at IMS, this is sweet redemption for all those loyal fans who believe that the Indy 500 has, is, and always will be the biggest event in motorsports."

First of all, more seats are for sale for the 500 than the BY...next, how does a diminishing attendance at the BY somehow give 'redemtion' to the fact that the Indy 500 is not, read slowly, not the event it was in the past.

TV is king...ratings demonstrate over and over that WC is the big leagues of raing in America with Daytona on top...argue all you want, but, one need only to look at the sponsorship money available to WC versus Indy cars...it's a no brainer...

You may not like it and I may not like it, but it is what it is...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X