Once again, unification...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again, unification...

2 Disclaimers first: Rev, feel free to, eventually, ship this to Splitzville, but I just wanted to start it here, so that the most possible people would see it.

Also, yes, the website is a pro-CART site, and the article says things regarding TG that many here will not agree with.

That said, ignore the messenger. Read the message. Try arguing with it. I cannot say it much better.OW Unification
    "Why do we do this? Because we love it, don't want to be anywhere else but a race car. We will keep your legacy my friend. Racers race."

Tony Kanaan

Re: Once again, unification...

Originally posted by Racing Truth
    2 Disclaimers first: Rev, feel free to, eventually, ship this to Splitzville, but I just wanted to start it here, so that the most possible people would see it.

Also, yes, the website is a pro-CART site, and the article says things regarding TG that many here will not agree with.

That said, ignore the messenger. Read the message. Try arguing with it. I cannot say it much better.OW Unification

Yes sure,,, Unification,,,,

What I really mean is,,,,

First it was, Fortification and then it was Fornication,,, now it's just over....

It's Over,,, to much pain and hate...

The Divorce if Final,,,

Tony Got the Kid's, the House, and the Bank Account,,,

Just let "Her" hit the Streets,,, with her bag of Quaeters, that is where she said all the money was, anyway... No entertainment, but a lot of money, she said... So let "her" keep it...

Oh "she" has already hit the "Street", I remember that now... That is where "she" got in so much trouble in the first place,,, the back streets and roads of America...

And I didn't like it much.... she was a bum,,,, well you get the point...

But "She" liked working on the "Streets" and Road's,,, so let her have it.... But,,,"Two Bit's" is still,,, way over priced, for the show she put on anyway...
    Last edited by BigWheelHawaii; 08-02-2003, 07:52 PM.
    Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Well,,, there were many, many incorrect things written. I started the copy and paste of errors,,, but got tired and deleted them.
      "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

Here is as far as I got:
        Road courses such as Road America, Mid-Ohio, Laguna Seca, and the Canadian and Mexican tracks even on a bad year, still pack in the fans when compared to the IRL. It is these loyalists who devoutly fill the stands at CART’s venues and make it possible for these events to make money and thereby fund the sanctioning fees that are keeping CART afloat despite all the negativity that is trying to drag it into an early grave.
        This is laughable, but also sadly representative of the dribble being spewed by the fooled all the time CART faithful. CART isn't being dragged into an early grave by negativity, but rather by a scarcity of fans both at the track and watching on television.
        I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Here is an article discussing the IRL by someone that hates the IRL, never attended an IRL race, claims he does not watch IRL races. He is on other boards that I read.

He is like many others that comment on the IRL and write articles about that include the IRL that do not have a CLUE!

I guess this is pretty typical.

Being sued for $2.1 BILLION is a serious problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by tripper
            Here is an article discussing the IRL by someone that hates the IRL, never attended an IRL race, claims he does not watch IRL races. He is on other boards that I read.

He is like many others that comment on the IRL and write articles about that include the IRL that do not have a CLUE!

I guess this is pretty typical.

Tripper got that one.

"Hey your series stinks!" "Better merge"

NOT

carl s
            Indio, CA
            Too funny
            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Re: Once again, unification...

Originally posted by Racing Truth

Gee as attractive as your offer is, again no thanks
              "I'm a Rodeo-de-oh-deo-deo-de-Cowboy borderin on the Insane"

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a hortaculture"

"When The Going Get's Wierd, The Wierd Turn Pro"

Comment

Thanks for the laugh .... I needed that.

This wonderful idea promises:

A return to the best of America’s open wheel drivers to the Indy 500 each Memorial Day,,,,,,,,,
                That was laugh #1

This claim was made:

IRL venues are almost uniformly and embarrassingly devoid of spectators
                Baloney!

And this:

Tony George has only one dream in life. To be the most powerful man in auto racing.
                But Mr. George said this:

On the subject of power, my desire is not now and never has been control of CART, IndyCar or the entire series of whatever cars run in the Indianapolis 500. The payback on that side is simply a peace of mind that comes from maintaining the sovereignty of this wonderful event.
                But what the writer fails to address here is that, the Indy 500 had to be protected from the governing board of Cart. There is simply not a reason given here to ...... unify that addresses the entire reason that the IRL was formed. This writer, although he has gone through great thought and effort to expound this request for a solution, he has missed a fine rule of sales ...........understand the desires of your customer.

The IRL was created to protect the Indy 500 from those who wanted to turn it into a weekend event and bring it down to the level of 'just another race.' Cart had .....and still has ..... terrible business and mangement problems. Meanwhile, the IRL looks to be in pretty good straights, of course it could be better, but by comparison ...... well there is none.

I feel sorry for the writer of this sad plea because his favorite series may be have gone the way of the buggy whip makers because those who ran his series didn't respect the Indy 500 enough to keep their own house in order.
                "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
                -John Morley

Comment

Four words:

Whistling past the graveyard

I never realized how bad things have gotten for CART until I've started to see these articles appear from the most rabid of cart fans

CART will be bought out...someone will take over it's assets, but won't resemble CART as we know it today.

Shawn
                  University of Kansas Cancer Center

Comment

hey truth, are you the same truth that has a morning show on the am dial?

the greatest fans I've ever known are IRL fans! I wouldn't trade one IRL fan for all the stick and ball fans in the world!!!!
                    http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Some comments:

The end to the self-destructive bloodletting and a reunification of CART and the IRL into one super American-based open wheel racing series. A return to the best of America’s open wheel drivers to the Indy 500 each Memorial Day,
                      Only if they tear "the best of America's open wheel drivers" out of NASCAR.

Can the two sides finally put down their bloody knives long enough to shake hands and come to the long sought-after accommodation that American open wheel fans prayed for? To be perfectly honest, both sides may not have a choice any longer.
                      Reminds me of the Dark Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail "Alright, we'll call it a draw."

It is these loyalists who devoutly fill the stands at CART’s venues and make it possible for these events to make money and thereby fund the sanctioning fees that are keeping CART afloat despite all the negativity that is trying to drag it into an early grave.

Uhm, no, actually, it's the IPO cash that's keeping the series afloat, as the sanctioning fees aren't enough to generate anything resembling a positive cash flow.

Its cars and racing makes it by far the most challenging and more demanding of the series, with arguably the top open wheel racers in the world
                      Does that include the two who crashed on the PACE LAP last weekend?

CART's loss of the 500, leaves CART in the position of having to buy air time to promote their product. This is CART’s largest expense, and it, more than anything else, could spell the end to CART as a financially viable series and corporation.
                      CART never had the 500 - it thought it did, and that was a prime motivator for the split. Oh, and by the way, TV time isn't CART's largest expense - that would be the support payments to participating teams.

When the split occurred in the mid nineties between CART and IMS leading to the birth of the IRL, no one doubted for a minute what was behind George’s actions. Ego, greed, and power
                      Actually, the author didn't think to check with me on that one - thus, his universal "no one doubted ..." is demonstrably false. What led Tony to form the IRL was the desire to control his own destiny. And looking at the pathetic mess that is now CART shows that Tony was probably right to do so.
                      I ain't quiet, everybody else is too loud.

Comment

Of course c>rt is looking for a deal...... now!!!! Most outfits that find themselves sinking as fast as c>rt is, are ready to make a deal with anyone with a life preserver........ The proper response to c>rt would be for TG to throw them a ("SPEEDWAY") brick.

True peace in open wheel racing is only possible when the losers are squashed flat by the awesome resources of the INDIANAPOLIS MOTOR SPEEDWAY

PEACE THROUGH OVERWHELMING FORCE!!!!!

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
                        http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

Where was all the talk of unification....

from the CART side in 1996 and 1997? I don't recall there was any. In fact, I seem to recall they were determined to squish the upstart league.

Only now that they find themselves in dire straights do their screams for unification grow louder. This of course is fueled by their own arrogant opinion that the Indianapolis 500 can only be a legitimate OW race if CART races there. So if we unify and CART comes back to Indianapolis it will be all better like it was before the split? I doubt it.

The CARTanic is sinking. Let it go.
                          For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

"Try arguing with it"

It would take a month to argue all the misstatements and falsehoods in that article. Nothing has changed since the beginning of the IRL in this area. Take a few facts, sprinkle in some wishful thinking and a large portion of untruths and hope the few facts will trick the reader into thinking the whole article is true.
                            Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Why do we even have unification threads anymore?

Andretti/Green, Ganassi, Fernandes, Nunn, Penske, and Rahal are all in the IRL.

Unification is a moot point.
                              If you do what you've always done...

you'll get what you've always gotten.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X