Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why would Motor Rock bother to buy CART?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would Motor Rock bother to buy CART?

Why would anyone? Contracts in place, I don't think so, all those contracts, at least those that haven't been adjusted, carry a huge rights fee, a fee the quality of the field can't support. Good name, I don't think so, that went out the window with the hiring of Pook, who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him in the butt. TV contracts, please.

Everyone would be better off to pick up the pieces after CART fails, for free. Hardware owned by CART could be bought at pennies on the dollar then.
    Last edited by Mackie; 08-01-2003, 11:16 AM.

In a fake world that would be the logical option. Of course, this is the real world Mackie.

Pook, essentially, has been selling the company since he took over. I would go so far as to say that Pook got "go-aheads" from some of the current buyers to spend as much as he needed this year. Remember, it's not their money he's spending, it's CART's.

Wouldn't coming in at the break-point create the big PR fuss over the "new and improved" CART and its "new plan" of operation?

If you think not, look no further than here on TF for proof. What has received more attention? The IRL's new powerful teams, the IRL's tight point race, or whether or not CART is sold?

Just my opinion by the way ...
    "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

Stock at all time low today at a $buck-fifty, Friday hasn't been kind to CART on the NYSE, perhaps Vannini filed his suit.

Comment

The part that doesnt make sense is why spend all the money? And why in the heck blow/waste it on Clev and Mil??? Those two tracks will probably be among the first to go.

If there was money,, pay the shareholders, anything remaining goes into start-up money for the big party. And it will take lots of money to survive until it's profitable.

OTOH,, Ky Derby, Preakness, and some other big sports events are party time like the old INDY snakepit. TG evicted the non-PC party crowd. CART wants to model it's series towards the parties????
        "OWRS did not return phone calls."

Comment

Cart's contracts are worthless if you don't put cars on the track.

'Course I was trying to tell that to Grosfeld & Vannini when they invested millions at $20+ per share.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Why does CART need rock fans at their street races? I thought they had huge crowds already.....

Comment

Maybe if they get Sly Stallone to do a movie about racing with a soundtrack from Kenny Loggins.....never mind.

Comment

We don't know yet what we don't know.

Whatever Motorock is, we don't know they're buying CART. We just speculate that Motorock is in the mix somewhere as we try to make sense of this thing.

What we're hearing is a concept. Concepts need funding. Where's the money?
                "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

It's a buck fifty and in free fall. H311, this keeps up and I could buy it.

Comment

The joke at the Brickyard 400 was that you'd spend more buying a Big Mac than you would buying a share of CART stock.............
                    "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

Maybe someone with more intimate knowledge could answer this, but could Motorock be an attempt to bypass the tobacco legislation? I mean, what are the laws about tobacco companies and rock concerts (with a race thrown in)?

Comment

Originally posted by 16th and Georgetown
                        Maybe someone with more intimate knowledge could answer this, but could Motorock be an attempt to bypass the tobacco legislation? I mean, what are the laws about tobacco companies and rock concerts (with a race thrown in)?
                        I believe it doesn't matter. The restrictions are on public adds not just motosports.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X