Bond and Vannini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond and Vannini

Forest Bond is now reporting that we can expect a law suit by Jonathan Vannini (maybe as early as August 1st).

It appears C^RT does think it has a buyer and planned to announce it August 7th. So C^RT is trying to tie up loose ends (law suits).

Bond speculates that this might interfere with the August 7th sale. In fact he doesn't think it will happen now.
    Tara was the name of our cat.

See this thread for the probable buyers.
    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

I think Vanini's chances of holding any sale back would crumble once they bring up his personal filing to the SEC recommending Heitzler's firing and Pook's hiring.

Judge: "So you get the guy you want to run things, and now you aren't happy the way he's running them?"
      "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

Vannini reportedly has a good "track record" in law suits, if CART isn't worried, they should be. It is what Vannini does, he wins in court when he loses on his stock deals. Tie this one up in court and the season could be over, because he will tie up whatever money is left.

Comment

Sorry Tara,nothing new,Vanni's rep is not a secrete to anyone. I am sure they are expecting him to sue.

There were shareholder lawsuits in the HP buyout of Compaq. The last time I checked,the new company is called HP.

Comment

Actually Mackie, I think Vannini has a good track record at settalments. He gets a company (on the ropes) like CART to pay him to go away. His suit very easily could tie up a purchase for 60-90 days. Lets see, that would make in October or November before a purchase could take place, pretty late in the year to start re-building a series.

If C^RT pays Vannini off, then they may run out of money before 2003 ends. According to Bond, C^RT has two twenty+plus million dollar law suits still pending (Judd and Joe).

Also I tend to agree with Forest, I don't think BE is involved (just my guess, we shall see ).

By the way Longhorn I never said Johnny boy would win, lose, or be paid off. I said it could possibly prevent the sale, or delay it by 60-90 days. I have no idea how the HP suit panned out, but I doubt it was settled in a week and that my friend is when C^RT was suppose to announce.

Judging by CART's last two releases and by the drop in stock value, I would say Vannini has probably a pretty good chance to win. (as I said we shall see, it will be fun to watch this play out).
            Last edited by Tara; 08-01-2003, 11:21 AM.
            Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Who has been telling you about Darth Vannani and Usama Bin Grosfeld since the beginning?

And who told you Uncle Joe would never be done with raising the sleaze factor?

No, I don't have a crystal ball. Just open eyes.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X