Motorock?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorock?!?

Grandprix.com and "Another Racing" website (they actually say MORE than GP.com does) are reporting similar stories that say CART will be bought and become "Motorock" (I doubt that the series would be called that, but...

Some paraphrased parts:

---The three groups buying CART are the Ecclestone group, the Forsythe group and the Gentilozzi group, each talking 1/3. ---

---The Gentilozzi group is called Motorock (owned by Paul Gentilozzi and Jamie Rose) which will not only own a part of CART, but will also put on very big concerts in conjunction with each CART race.

---Almost all races will be urban events with racing and rock concerts mixed in to bring the paying customers the best in entertainment, nightlife, hotels and dining. ---
    Last edited by dreamracer; 08-01-2003, 10:09 AM.
    Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Trademark application:

(link thieved from 7G)

courtesy of midnite on CW

Motorock trademark app

Comment

Info from App that is telling:

Prerecorded discs featuring music; prerecorded discs featuring music festivals and concerts, entertainment events and contests in the nature of motorsport competitions, races and exhibitions
      Organizing and conducting music festivals and concerts, organizing and conducting entertainment events and contests in the nature of competitions, races, and exhibitions in the field of motorsports; entertainment services in the nature of music festivals and concerts, events and contests in the nature of motorsport competitions, races and exhibitions; entertainment services, namely the production and distribution of television programs, cable television programs, musical and audio programs
      Wearing apparel, namely, shirts, T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, tank tops, tops, hats, caps, shorts, jackets, blouses, coats, dresses, bandannas, headbands, wristbands, and swim wear

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Prerecorded discs featuring music; prerecorded discs featuring music festivals and concerts, entertainment events and contests in the nature of motorsport competitions, races and exhibitions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We go to Universal studios Halloween Horror Days two or three times every year. The moment you enter the part, there is festive, high energy music playing, loud enough to be heard, but not loud enough to be annoying. It really adds to the atmosphere and, well, it brings in the festivity.

Of course, just before dark the haunting music starts to creep in and the whole mood changes. About ten minutes after sunset, the staff starts jumping out at everyone in costume and scaring the crap out of everyone. We can't get enough.

Anyway, the festive music would be great for the times when the cars aren't running and they could make it more and more intense right up until race time. I'm not a musician, or musically inclined, so I can't tell you how to do it. but if they manage the music like Universal does, and bring it to a creshendo right before showtime, it will be an addictive effect.

If they do it right, it would be awesome. they probably could consult Universal for their ideas.

Edit: the first years Universal had a big problem with managing the crowds. Everyonje had so much fun that no one would leave. By about the third year they had if figured out. About ten minutes before close they would play the eeriest music you have ever heard, and people would run, screaming, for the exits.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

1909 W. Belmont....

1909 W. Belmont....

Why is that address ringing some bell in the back of my head that I can't recall in relation to what. and no, I don't mean just driving by the place.
          Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Where have I seen this idea before?

http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/ne...?story_id=1490

Country music superstar Wynonna Judd will perform in a pre-race concert before the Firestone Indy 200 on July 19 at Nashville Superspeedway.

Curb Records artist Wynonna will take the stage on the frontstretch of the 1.33-mile concrete oval at 4:30 p.m. (CDT). The Firestone Indy 200 is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. (CDT). It’s the third and final night race on the IRL IndyCarTM Series schedule in 2003.

Wynonna is no stranger to the IndyCar Series, as she performed during the pre-race festivities at the 87th Indianapolis 500 in May. Wynonna’s new album, “It All Comes Down To Love,” will be released in August, and her new single, “What the World Needs,” continues to climb the country charts.

Firestone Indy 200 tickets are on sale by calling toll-free (866) RACE-TIX. For more information, log on to www.nashvillesuperspeedway.com.

http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/ne...?story_id=1217

Great Live Entertainment To Play In May At IMS

Live music by talented local and internationally famous acts, including Indianapolis 500 Race Day performances by country music sensations Wynonna and Darryl Worley, and popular Motown artist Brian McKnight on May 25, will mix with the roar of Chevrolet, Honda and Toyota engines at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during the month of May.

Musical acts from a wide background of song and sound - from Duke Tumatoe's blues May 11 to a trio of Christian-music bands May 17 - will perform on the Coca-Cola Stage in the Pagoda Plaza directly behind the Speedway's landmark Bombardier Pagoda control tower. Fans can take an opportunity to enjoy live music while relaxing or ordering concessions or souvenirs in the plaza.

International rock act Cracker will headline the Miller Lite Carb Day Concert on Thursday, May 22.

All concerts are included in the price of admission to the Speedway grounds each day. Acts will perform on select event days from Indianapolis Star Opening Day on May 4 through Race Day on May 25.
            http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/ne...p?story_id=421

Country music superstar Martina McBride will perform a concert immediately after the end of the Gateway Indy 250 Indy Racing League event. Gateway International Raceway, the Indy Racing League and 93.7 The Bull are presenting the concert by McBride, the reigning Academy of Country Music Female Vocalist of the Year.

McBride, known for chart-topping singles such as "Wild Angels," "Independence Day" and "A Broken Wing," has one gold album, three platinum albums and one triple-platinum album on her impressive resume, all in the past decade. Her current "Greatest Hits" CD has produced another No. 1 hit, "Blessed."
            http://www.indyracing.com/indycar/ne...p?story_id=225
            Arista Records Nashville country music artist Brad Paisley will perform in concert at Nashville Superspeedway before the Firestone Indy 200. Paisley will perform at 5 p.m. (CDT) July 20 on Expo Row before the Firestone Indy 200, which starts at 7:30 p.m. He also will serve as honorary starter, waving the green flag to start the Firestone Indy 200.

The concert is free for anyone with a race ticket for the Firestone Indy 200.

Comment

Actually, it was 1983 when cart raced at Atlanta motor Speedway, in Hampton, Ga. My tickets were $15, including paddock pass. They had a Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson concert between the twin 125's and only about 5000 people showed up. By contrast, there was a local tractor pulling contest about 20 miles away that drew over 100,000.

Somehow I doubt all 5,000 came for the cart race because there was no one there for the second 125. Too bad because it was a fun day.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

If this actually comes to pass.....I think that we should refer to Cart in the future as "RaceJoke".....because that is what it will be.

Comment

Why not sell the mess to Clear Channel Entertainment if you're going to go this route?

The whole thing strikes me as turning a racing series into a high-octane equivalent of RibAmerica.

Which is fine, if you're into that sort of thing.... but I want to see racing on, primarily, permanent circuits.
                  http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

JoeBob, the examples you posted are not the same. CART apparently intends to somehow package the whole deal together. A scheduling nightmare, for starters and my guess is that IF this thing ever flew, the big stars would end up being the State Fair regulars like Kansas or Foghat. Then, of course, a small logistical problem. How do you get 50,000 fans good seats in front of the stage? I GOT IT!!

Put the band on a flatbed and have them drive around the track. If CART fans are willing to only see racing 'action' in one corner, if they only get 10 seconds of action every 2 minutes, then maybe they'll settle for 10 seconds of music every little bit.

This idea is beyond stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                      Kansas or Foghat.

LOL Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                        Put the band on a flatbed and have them drive around the track. If CART fans are willing to only see racing 'action' in one corner, if they only get 10 seconds of action every 2 minutes, then maybe they'll settle for 10 seconds of music every little bit.

This idea is beyond stupid.
                        God that was funny!!!!
                        But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56
                          If this actually comes to pass.....I think that we should refer to Cart in the future as "RaceJoke".....because that is what it will be.

Hey, Indyracer56, I would gladly begin refering to them as "racejoke" now, if you'd like!
                          http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

They're going to lose the hard core CART fans, for sure. But done correctly (doubtful as that may be) they just might pull this off to keep the series alive in name if not in spirit.

Call it one big street party that just happens to have a race as an added attraction.
                            I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

This sounds like the XFL ! After all did not the XFL say the NFL was boring and it was going to add all this extra stuff. After two weeks they realized they made a mistake and tried to become like then NFL but is was too late

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X