• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montreal Radio says it's over

is the title of a thread in the CART forum at

http://forums.motorsport.com/

Anyone here have more info ?

I always have a lot of faith in posters with names like "Ihavegas"

that said, maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

or maybe there will be a restuctured series racing at previously succesful venues.
    "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Railbird
      I always have a lot of faith in posters with names like "Ihavegas"

Center Grove Trojans
      2008 5A Football State Champs
      2015 6A Football State Champs
      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Re: Montreal Radio says it's over

Originally posted by Gerr
        is the title of a thread in the CART forum at

http://forums.motorsport.com/

Anyone here have more info ?
        Right now mph blue chip is hovering at $1.69. I thnk everyone can figure out how stong wall street feels about things. I suspect plenty of investors have done the math and seen that just the legal fees could exhaust what cart has left.

Shows you what can happen when you're motivated by spite.

There is so much legal action going on the in the background that it is just a matter of time before it pops like a bad zit.

There are so many lawsuits in the pipeline that I've lost track. It seems everyone from John Judd to Uncle Joe wants a piece of cart's diminishing pie, and that's before Darth Vannani bites off his chunk. And oh, you had better believe Grosfeld isn't done.

But you knew that because I've been saying it for three years. Even if cart can put their package together, they've made too many enemies out of people who want their pound of flesh before the once bright star plunges into the upper stratosphere on it's way to a flaming disintigration over the Gulf of Tonga. Or the bowl in Bermuda. Or maybe it will only be as spectacular as a judge's gavel coming down.

Shows you what can happen when you're motivated by spite.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Whats new, Robin Miller passes gas all the time, into the keyboard.

Comment

maybe there will be a restuctured series racing at previously succesful venues.
            Like minds 'bird, I don't know if that thought will make you happy but I mentioned that on the IRL page in the thread about Motor Rock, calling whatever evolves next season CART could doom it to failure, the series former good name is beyond tarnished.

Comment

Perhaps there is some truth in the reports. Perhaps Bernie is interested in gaining rights to Long Beach and Mexico, so he is talking with Pook. The other members of the "who will save C^RT" club could be talking about taking the remaining successful street races and creating "Motor Rock".

I think the idea is stupid and will not only drive away most serious teams/drivers, but will also drive away C^RT's die hard fan base (pretty much the only fan base they have).

Its funny because most die hard C^RT fans have hyped C^RT over the IRL as "Real Racing" vs. "Spec. Show". Yet if "Motor Rock" happens, we will see a series racing only on city streets, with spec. engines, followed by a rock concet. Which is racing and which is show.

Whatever happens, it is interesting to watch.
              Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

I always have a lot of faith in posters with names like "Ihavegas".
                Umm, could you please clean the cereal off my keyboard?

It's hard to hold it in when you laugh that hard.

Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

I can just imagine Carl Haas and Pat Patrick at Motorrock, just shakin' it.

Would the continue the Pookfare doll too, without that there are 6 cars, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie
                    [B]I can just imagine Carl Haas and Pat Patrick at Motorrock, just shakin' it.
                    We sure need Don Meridith now, don't we? Now there is a guy that could sing!
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X