Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIS Overnights....

All Roads Lead to Indy...

Compares to a 1.2 final last year and a 1.6 in 2001 when CART last ran there...and routinely had numbers in that range. Sad day, I guess, when we look at a 1.2 and say, "Well, that's not bad." It is about what we should have expected and about a third of what it should be.

I'm sure the Cup race will get a 4-5 rating. I watched about 5 laps. Snoresville. I am missing something.

Comment

Hey Doc, got any good fish stories??
      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
      --Danny Noonan

Comment

If anyone thinks an important corner hasn't been turned this year with the addition of strong teams and even stronger sponsors, then perhaps you should give up now and return to your weekend dirt tracks and at least diminish some of the wimpering and hand wringing.

"You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
          Compares to a 1.2 final last year and a 1.6 in 2001 when CART last ran there...and routinely had numbers in that range.
          Probably not. The IRL has been consistently losing .2 to .3 from the overnights to the finals. Final will more likely be a 0.9 or a 1.0. In that light, a final of 1.2 would be very good indeed.
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

I apologize for not helping the rating numbers, for two key reasons.

1. I was at the race.
            2. I am not a Nielson family member.

Good day.

Comment

The Tour de France on CBS got a 2.4. And that was taped delayed coverage and highlights to boot. Of a week's worth of racing. About 35 hours of bike riding crammed into less than 60 minutes.

Maybe Lance can help out the IRL...

Somebody wake those genius marketing guys over on 16th Street!!

Comment

Greg Lemond was involved with the IRL at one time. I even have a Lemond bicycle - steel frame, baby!

Oh, FWIW, Mark C. is reporting that the tape-delayed CART race from Vancouver had a 0.3 rating on Speed which translates to about 170,000 households.

Comment

Greg Lemond was involved with the IRL at one time. I even have a Lemond bicycle - steel frame, baby!

Oh, FWIW, Mark C. is reporting that the tape-delayed CART race from Vancouver had a 0.3 rating on Speed which translates to about 170,000 households.
                  Greg used to drive in F-2000. I saw him flip into several water barrels at the end of the pit road at Atlanta before the second IRL trip down to the sweat festival.
                  He was not very good and I think his upside down ride may have gotten his attention.

Steel is great...Serotta makes many of their custom built bikes out of Colorado III steel. Rides tons better than carbon.

A couple of years ago when Mercury sponsored a pro cycling team, they were riding Lemonds. And there was some great difficulty with finances and support and the guys on the team blacked out the "d" so it read LeMon.
                  But they are very nice bikes.

Comment

...It is about what we should have expected and about a third of what it should be....
                    Why do you think it "should be" three times higher?
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

It's what happens when OW is not on network TV. The .8's, the .3's, the .9's ... wasn't there fighting last year over 1.2's, the 1.3's, and the 1.0's ??
                      "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

I think the IRL's broadcast 'partner' as well as the IRL ought to get off their respective arses and promote the living h311 out of the product in venues other than the venues themselves.

After that race Sunday, people don't know what they're missing. Perhaps someone should tell them.

Comment

Originally posted by Defender

After that race Sunday, people don't know what they're missing. Perhaps someone should tell them.
                          You are right...but...

You'd think after eight years, somebody'd figger that'n out..

Guess not.

Apparently the "powers that be" are pleased with the product. Since not much has changed.

Comment

"Since not much has changed."

Except the addition of Honda, Toyota, Andretti, Rahal, Gannassi, Nunn, 7-11, Panasonic, etc, etc, etc.

All within the last year.

But their impact should have been instantaneous to satisfy you?

"You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff
                              "Since not much has changed."

Except the addition of Honda, Toyota, Andretti, Rahal, Gannassi, Nunn, 7-11, Panasonic, etc, etc, etc.

All within the last year.

But their impact should have been instantaneous to satisfy you?

uh....regarding the TV package. And the number of people watching, despite all the stuff you typed. That's the subject. And I don't appear to be alone.

The racing's always been good.

Try to keep up...
                              Last edited by Ganassifan; 07-29-2003, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X