Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Daytona 500 Sell Out

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...newstopstories

Stands are not full, but they are relatively close. They have been announcing sell-outs on Saturday every year the last couple of years. I think they have been taking them off sale no matter what and announcing a sell out. Smart business move

You want a ticket, buy it at least the day before or second hand.

Originally posted by Cornys View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...newstopstories

Stands are not full, but they are relatively close. They have been announcing sell-outs on Saturday every year the last couple of years. I think they have been taking them off sale no matter what and announcing a sell out. Smart business move

You want a ticket, buy it at least the day before or second hand.
    My theory on the sellout: It seems to be announced near the end or after the Xfinity series race. Are people holding out and waiting to avoid having to buy the 2 race package they put for some seats? I haven't looked at the pricing since they renovated the place, but when we went 7 years ago, the better seats you wanted, they bigger package you bought. You could get Winston Tower seats if you were willing to buy Cup, Xfinity, Duels, and Truck series tickets as a package. There was also a Cup, Xfinity, Duels package and a Cup, Xfinity package which is what we purchased.

Comment

While it makes sense, the visual of the stands was not sell-out worthy on race day. The seats you would expect not to seel did not appear to have been occupied. Spotty of course.

I think they may want to avoid offering premium seats outside of the package as well. More incentive to "sell-out" after the Xfinity race.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X