• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    atrackforumfan
    Registered Unser

• atrackforumfan
    replied
    Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
    The problem with "racing back to the line" is that most of the time they didn't race back to the line anyway.
    Nascar wanted drivers to get their laps back. Nascar just didn't want to put the rule in the book.

Originally posted by John Darby, 9/20/2003
    We wanted to continue and have all the faith in the drivers that they could still manage the gentlemen's agreement properly.
    The idea of racing only to the yellow/checker inevitably got kicked in the head by the Daytona 500 where guys were racing to the checker in the grass past an upside down car on fire.
    atrackforumfan
    Registered Unser
    Last edited by atrackforumfan; 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
    I agree with you, I would rather have them lose the GWC then the Lucky dog. Would you want racing back to the line restored?
    Tough to call on that one. It was exicting to see the race to the line and to see who was gonna get a lap back. But someone was gonna get hurt. Someone almost did get hurt actually
    If they cant race back to the line I say borrow one more short tracking rule and go back to the last completed lap. Theres no questioning who was where with that.

Leave a comment:

• MIS#1fan
    Insider

• MIS#1fan
    replied
    Job1 for me would be to lose the Chase. After that I would vote to can the Top 35 locked in BS. From there it could be the COT or the GWC or the Lucky Dog. But definately the Chase should be sh*tcanned immediately and those responsible for it should be banished to a deserted island somewhere with the Waltrip brothers for company!

Leave a comment:

• MoparsRule

• MoparsRule
    replied
    I agree with you, I would rather have them lose the GWC then the Lucky dog. Would you want racing back to the line restored?
    The problem with "racing back to the line" is that most of the time they didn't race back to the line anyway.

Leave a comment:

• MoparsRule

• MoparsRule
    replied
    Originally posted by Ann Dretti View Post
    Its not contrived, the top 3 guys in the sport right now are the top 3 in points.
    Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    So who did Harvick beat up to get that 200 point penalty 6 weeks ago?

A large # of racing fans dont like the Chase, think it IS contrived and dont care enough to see who wins what they perceive to be a manufactured closest finish in history.

Apparently a large enough # of them are voting with their remotes every week to make the ratings drop.

The movers and shakers in NASCAR and all their yes men and women in the racing media can ignore this fact but it doenst change the fact

It is absolutely contrived & the fans are sending a message with their eyes & butts.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Paff
    On vacation

• Chris Paff
    replied
    I hope youre right

I fear youre wrong.

The kids running NASCAR in 2010 will let the ratings drop to info-mercial levels before theyd admit to making a mistake about the Chase

Honestly, I think the cars look like Shite, the GWC is garbage, the drivers are too generic & theres too many races

But

if theyd scrap the Chase and the Lucky dog Id be willing to forgive all the other blemishes

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    hopefully they wake up about the Chase. It could happen over the offseason. Who knows
    I hope youre right

I fear youre wrong.

The kids running NASCAR in 2010 will let the ratings drop to info-mercial levels before theyd admit to making a mistake about the Chase

Honestly, I think the cars look like Shite, the GWC is garbage, the drivers are too generic & theres too many races

But

if theyd scrap the Chase and the Lucky dog Id be willing to forgive all the other blemishes

Leave a comment:

• Chris Paff
    On vacation

• Chris Paff
    replied

A large # of racing fans dont like the Chase, think it IS contrived and dont care enough to see who wins what they perceive to be a manufactured closest finish in history.

Apparently a large enough # of them are voting with their remotes every week to make the ratings drop.

The movers and shakers in NASCAR and all their yes men and women in the racing media can ignore this fact but it doenst change the fact
    Maybe they are finally getting the message about the COT, hopefully they wake up about the Chase. It could happen over the offseason. Who knows

Leave a comment:

• indyracefan
    Insider

• indyracefan
    replied
    Ive said this before on TF...

The hosts on the NASCAR channel on Sirius keep singing the praises of the chase

Keep marvelling at how close the championship is this late in the season

Yet when people call in to say they dont like the Chase they are not listened to

Then they have discussions on the same show devoted to the dropping ratings.

And they have no answers for why people have stopped viewing

If the doctor tells you to stop smoking and you dont listen to him,

dont call him the next week to complain about your sore throat
    I was a huge NASCAR fan from the late 70's until a few years ago. It rated right behind my life-long love of IndyCar racing. I never missed a race, and if I did I taped it and watched as soon as I could. Not any longer, I haven't seen but maybe 3 complete races all season...one of them being the BY400 which I attended. For me it's not just 'The Chase', it's the GWC, the too numerous red flags, too much wreckin', the aero-egg cars that are only distinguished between the makes by stickers, the super mega-teams, too much Jimmy Johnson, the move away from traditional tracks & dates and too many of the tracks are identical.

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
    I'm one of 'em.
    Ive said this before on TF...

The hosts on the NASCAR channel on Sirius keep singing the praises of the chase

Keep marvelling at how close the championship is this late in the season

Yet when people call in to say they dont like the Chase they are not listened to

Then they have discussions on the same show devoted to the dropping ratings.

And they have no answers for why people have stopped viewing

If the doctor tells you to stop smoking and you dont listen to him,

dont call him the next week to complain about your sore throat

Leave a comment:

• indyracefan
    Insider

• indyracefan
    replied

I'm one of 'em.

Leave a comment:

• KevMcNJ
    Is Bat Boy

• KevMcNJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Ann Dretti View Post
    Its not contrived, the top 3 guys in the sport right now are the top 3 in points.

Leave a comment:

• indyrjc
    Insider

• indyrjc
    replied
    Originally posted by jackinbox View Post
    I'm sure F1 is plenty happy getting more viewers than the Super Bowl 18 times per year.
    True, according to the numbers. But alot of those worldwide F1 numbers are skewed by the fact that many countries have pretty limited viewing choices and there is a somewhat captive audience that is always shown as being F1 viewers. Uncle Bernies numbers are actually pretty manipulated outside of Europe. F1 is basically dead in the United States; if the Indianapolis Motor Speedway can't make a go of it no one can. The Austin F1 race won't last as long as the one at IMS no matter what the contracts say.

Leave a comment:

• Ann Dretti

• Ann Dretti
    replied

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
    The "points chase" may be close, but it's not real, it is contrived and people aren't buying into it.

Like the race at Talladega & the "87 lead changes"... big deal.

Leave a comment:

• MoparsRule

• MoparsRule
    replied
    FEUD OF THE WEEK: NASCAR vs. The NFL

Pigskin vs. sheet metal. Which will you watch?

That’s the question on a lot of people’s minds as NASCAR’s 2010 Sprint Cup season hits its final three-week stretch.

With just 14 points separating points leader Jimmie Johnson and Denny Hamlin, and Kevin Harvick just 38 points behind Johnson, NASCAR has gotten what it wished for when it created the Chase For The Sprint Cup in 2004 and tweaked the format in 2007.

It appears NASCAR will have an exciting and compelling championship race to the finish, just as it did during the inaugural Chase, which Kurt Busch won by eight points over Johnson and 16 over Jeff Gordon.

http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...s_The_NFL.html

The "points chase" may be close, but it's not real, it is contrived and people aren't buying into it.

Like the race at Talladega & the "87 lead changes"... big deal.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X