X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
    I hope youre right

I fear youre wrong.

The kids running NASCAR in 2010 will let the ratings drop to info-mercial levels before theyd admit to making a mistake about the Chase

Honestly, I think the cars look like Shite, the GWC is garbage, the drivers are too generic & theres too many races

But

if theyd scrap the Chase and the Lucky dog Id be willing to forgive all the other blemishes
    I agree with you, I would rather have them lose the GWC then the Lucky dog. Would you want racing back to the line restored?
    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Dretti View Post
      Its not contrived, the top 3 guys in the sport right now are the top 3 in points.
      Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post
      So who did Harvick beat up to get that 200 point penalty 6 weeks ago?

A large # of racing fans dont like the Chase, think it IS contrived and dont care enough to see who wins what they perceive to be a manufactured closest finish in history.

Apparently a large enough # of them are voting with their remotes every week to make the ratings drop.

The movers and shakers in NASCAR and all their yes men and women in the racing media can ignore this fact but it doenst change the fact

It is absolutely contrived & the fans are sending a message with their eyes & butts.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
        I agree with you, I would rather have them lose the GWC then the Lucky dog. Would you want racing back to the line restored?
        The problem with "racing back to the line" is that most of the time they didn't race back to the line anyway.

Comment

Job1 for me would be to lose the Chase. After that I would vote to can the Top 35 locked in BS. From there it could be the COT or the GWC or the Lucky Dog. But definately the Chase should be sh*tcanned immediately and those responsible for it should be banished to a deserted island somewhere with the Waltrip brothers for company!
          Bryan Brothers Racing Team: We'll see you "at the track"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Paff View Post
            Tough to call on that one. It was exicting to see the race to the line and to see who was gonna get a lap back. But someone was gonna get hurt. Someone almost did get hurt actually
            If they cant race back to the line I say borrow one more short tracking rule and go back to the last completed lap. Theres no questioning who was where with that.
            Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post
              The problem with "racing back to the line" is that most of the time they didn't race back to the line anyway.
              Nascar wanted drivers to get their laps back. Nascar just didn't want to put the rule in the book.

Originally posted by John Darby, 9/20/2003
              We wanted to continue and have all the faith in the drivers that they could still manage the gentlemen's agreement properly.
              The idea of racing only to the yellow/checker inevitably got kicked in the head by the Daytona 500 where guys were racing to the checker in the grass past an upside down car on fire.
              atrackforumfan
              Registered Unser
              Last edited by atrackforumfan; 11-03-2010, 04:54 PM.
              Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X