Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swift Engineering & Their Losing Bid to IndyCar

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Swift Engineering & Their Losing Bid to IndyCar

    http://www.sanclementetimes.com/view...=guest_opinion
    Gregg Sebald

  • #2
    I really liked a lot of their concepts. I hope someone picks them up for kits.
    “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by WheelerDealer View Post
      I really liked a lot of their concepts. I hope someone picks them up for kits.

      Are they going to even build any? I got the impression after they weren't selected as the chassis they weren't gong to build any aero kits?!
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by indyracefan View Post
        Are they going to even build any? I got the impression after they weren't selected as the chassis they weren't gong to build any aero kits?!
        They said they would be open to it if they had a backer first, like someone wanting to have their name on it. But at this time they don't see themselves making money on it. Now that being said I'll bet that once Dallara releases the files so people interested in making aerokits can start on them that Swift will start designing one. It shouldn't cost them much to do a preliminary design just in case.
        Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The Stickman View Post
          .... It shouldn't cost them much to do a preliminary design just in case.
          Maybe not a first design. But don't forget that $200K fee up front to even be allowed to sell your aero kit if it is approved. And based on the limitation of the size of the IndyCar field/market it's a pretty good bet that the stock Dallara "kit" will be tough to beat as a default for most of the teams.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by indyrjc View Post
            Maybe not a first design. But don't forget that $200K fee up front to even be allowed to sell your aero kit if it is approved. And based on the limitation of the size of the IndyCar field/market it's a pretty good bet that the stock Dallara "kit" will be tough to beat as a default for most of the teams.
            That 200K has yet to be confirmed by IndyCar as far as I know. And RB said on that one show that people will be surprised by the amount of potential kits.
            Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

            Comment

            Unconfigured Ad Widget

            Collapse
            Working...
            X