Interesting sight and sound at Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting sight and sound at Kansas

I was in Kansas for the NASCAR races and the interesting sight was the long long line of people waiting to visit the Marlboro Experience, and I take it get some smokes.

The sound was the voice of the new track president saying that they are indeed putting in conduit today for the new lights they have installed and they will have a non NASCAR night race next October. And he said that they would like to have an IICS race there in 2012 if the series thinks it fits in their schedule.

I'm still surprised at the various ISC track presidents saying they want to have IndyCar back in 2012. They can't just be saying it to appease the 15,000 people who were at the last races, it can't be to make the ISC stockholders think additional revenue is coming with that race, it can't be to make the local business community or media have an interest that they didn't show before.

Here's where the lights come into it. With Cup dates in June and October a summer date, July, August or early September would be open and a night race would be necessary. So it would seem that the interest on the part of Kansas Speedway might be genuine.
    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
    "They're criminals"
    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X