Penske delivers at Sebring...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske delivers at Sebring...

Whatever it costs to have Team Penske run a manufacturer supported program, it has to be worth it, he delivers. I only wish he would better support this county's drivers, there has to be someone he could put on his team, just one.
    It's always been about the Indy 500!
    I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mack Too
    Whatever it costs to have Team Penske run a manufacturer supported program, it has to be worth it, he delivers. I only wish he would better support this county's drivers, there has to be someone he could put on his team, just one.
    I'm thinkin' Stuttgart has some input on that, but I see your point.
    "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Originally posted by Mack Too
      ...word.
      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak_IndyFan
        I'm thinkin' Stuttgart has some input on that, but I see your point.
        He does have American, Pat Long on his ALMS team, but that is directed from Stuttgart as well.

Comment

Yea, Penske's drivers are Porsche factory drivers. That won't change.

They are pretty darn talented as well.

Penske was chosen to 'bring home the bacon'. There are not many better.
          Brian W Keske
          bwkdesign.wordpress.com

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
          -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

20 years since Porsche's last overall Sebring win (1988 and that was the last time I had attended the race as well)

Comment

Porsche, there is no substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by bkeske
                Yea, Penske's drivers are Porsche factory drivers. That won't change.
                Didn't Briscoe drive for them last year?

I would think he was hand picked by Roger.

Comment

I do not follow sports car racing. So we have the group that was at Daytona Beach. And, I guess this is another group that was at Sebring. I caught only a little bit of the race, actually it was a yellow for fence repair.

But, my question, to me, it seemed like there were very few cars that raced at Sebring compared to Daytona. Am I wrong?

Comment

The Grand Am series raced at Daytona, American Lemans at Sebring. Two different series. Penske Racing races full time in the ALMS and part time in the Grand Am series.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
                      I do not follow sports car racing. So we have the group that was at Daytona Beach. And, I guess this is another group that was at Sebring. I caught only a little bit of the race, actually it was a yellow for fence repair.

But, my question, to me, it seemed like there were very few cars that raced at Sebring compared to Daytona. Am I wrong?
                      I don't know the answer to your question, but I know there were a lot more cars than it appeared on tv. 30+ entries. SPEED likes to constantly focus on the prototypes, and tend to lose track of the rest of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by speedmonkey
                        Didn't Briscoe drive for them last year?

I would think he was hand picked by Roger.

You are correct, Ryan 'slipped past' me. I didn't watch any ALMS races last year, and didn't even realize he was on the team.

Looks like he also participates in Grand Am as well.

My mistake. the other four drivers are Porsche factory drivers, and have been for quite some time now.
                        Brian W Keske
                        bwkdesign.wordpress.com

"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."
                        -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Brisco was a Porsche factory driver (not a Penske contract driver) in 2007. He was allowed to run Indy by Porsche.

Comment

Since no one else directly answered this:
                            Originally posted by NoviVespa
                            Sixty-six cars started at Daytona and 33 started at Sebring, so that would have contributed to the impression that there were fewer cars at Sebring.

Comment

Originally posted by bobn
                              Brisco was a Porsche factory driver (not a Penske contract driver) in 2007. He was allowed to run Indy by Porsche.
                              Thanks Bob, was also unaware of that. Again, I didn't realize he did so well with the team last year after looking, even being named driver, or rookie, of the year.

Maybe I'll have to pay attention this year again...but not sure beyond Sebring and Le Mans...was a good race last evening though, I'll give it that.
                              Brian W Keske
                              bwkdesign.wordpress.com

-- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X