Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Radio to broadcast ALMS

http://www.americanlemans.com/news/Article.aspx?ID=3981

This is cool! It would be nice to get F1 on there, too...but come to think of it, I'm rarely on the road during an F1 race

...I guess I'm surprised that XM didn't already cover ALMS, especially with the AGR team in the past. But I don't have XM and don't really keep up with what they do and do not cover.
    ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Outstanding!! I also would love to have them cover F-1. Although I am usually in my PJ's on the couch for most of the F-1 season it is nice to have that fall back of at least having it on the radio if needed. I thought it would be cool to do some sort of Friday night or Saturday night coverage of the WoO or USAC also.

Rebrand the IRL channel to a racing channel and move the current motorsports they have over to that and then add another 18 hours of stuff a day and leave XMSN for the stick and ball guys. You could hear replays of the races, old races and replays of the current shows that they have.

Comment

The only downside is the races that aren't on XMSN, won't be available (so far as I can tell) in Canada. XM Canada carries XMSN but not the other channel...
        ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Originally posted by paul-collins
          The only downside is the races that aren't on XMSN, won't be available (so far as I can tell) in Canada. XM Canada carries XMSN but not the other channel...
          They tend to activate channels like this only when they are broadcasting. I can't guarantee anything but you might check it out.

Comment

ALMS seems to keep creeping up and up - getting stronger. This is the competition for Indycar in the coming few years.

Comment

Originally posted by millrace
              ALMS seems to keep creeping up and up - getting stronger. This is the competition for Indycar in the coming few years.

Disagree, too much difference. I see it as a great test bed but without racing on the ovals, it won't reach that point here in the US.
              Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

I like what XM Radio is doing, but I would like to hear a more diverse motorsports program during PM drive time. I like Clair B. Lang, but it is all NASCAR all of the time. Powershift, on the other hand, tries to take it all in with Tuesday night being for Drag Racing and Wednesday night for IndyCar. There is also an F1 night with Bob Varsha.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc
                  I like what XM Radio is doing, but I would like to hear a more diverse motorsports program during PM drive time. I like Clair B. Lang, but it is all NASCAR all of the time. Powershift, on the other hand, tries to take it all in with Tuesday night being for Drag Racing and Wednesday night for IndyCar. There is also an F1 night with Bob Varsha.

I used to listen to Claire B but I found her too irritating. First of all it is all NASCAR all the time and on top of that it is always sunshine and lollypops in NASCARland when she is on.

I agree that Powershift is a superior show in a bad time slot.

Comment

This is a good deal (for me at least). I have XM, but was planning to listen to the race via the online stream from ALMS radio. Now I don't have to sit at my computer for hours on end. Of course, I would much rather watch the race on Speedtv. Alas, Comcast does not offer the channel in my area. God I hate Comcast (and they are the only cable provider in Philly). I have tried to get Satellite service but my building does not have a clear shot at the southern sky thus no service. That was my ranting about comcast... I apologize. Can't wait for the race though...
                    Motor racing news and commentary:

http://www.ridebuyer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Don't care about ALMS and don't have XM - so if both are your thing, then good for you.
                      Gregg Sebald

Comment

Thanks for posting, though.
                        ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

I'm hoping XM will have the same announcers as the ALMS radio stream.
                          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Yes, I'm told the XM broadcast is a pickup of the Radio Le Mans / ALMS Radio Web team - John Hindaugh et al.

-Bill James

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X