Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thought on Tony's trip to Japan.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought on Tony's trip to Japan.......

The media coverage of Tony George's and Robert Clarke's trip to Honda in Japan earlier this year was that it was in regards to a supposed discussion about changing the race date for Motegi.

But what if that was just a cover for a different meeting?

I am really wondering if the actual meeting was in regards to Honda (not Tony or the IRL) providing the free engines to all of the incoming teams this year?

I could see why Honda would not want that to get out to the press, if true.

Thoughts?

Why would they go all the way to Japan when the decision for that would be made in America by HPD?
    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

Comment

Can you spell S-P-E-C-U-L-A-T-I-O-N?
      Gregg Sebald

Comment

Originally posted by R_Mears_Fan
        Why would they go all the way to Japan when the decision for that would be made in America by HPD?

I thought an executive from ABC was there as well. That would be an odd cover to bring the TV partner to an engine discussion

Comment

So, would the existing IRL teams, that were on Tony's side get freebies too or do they get an invoice?

Comment

Originally posted by AdamM
            So, would the existing IRL teams, that were on Tony's side get freebies too or do they get an invoice?
            My guess would be that Honda would have to do something for all of the teams.

But who knows if they did anything for any of the teams.

I just thought that with all of the talk of Honda wanting one racing series, perhaps they provided some $$$$$$$ help behind the scenes.

Comment

The word "free" doesn't affect Honda. They will get paid (but maybe at a much reduced rate) ...........by Tony. The only people they may be "free" for is the incoming CCWS teams.
              "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
              Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
              www.fairtax.org

Comment

Just a hunch but I would bet Tony wanted to talk about '10 and beyond.

'Look, if I spend a bunch of money to make the other series go away, are you still in after your current contract ends.'

'Sure, that would make the difference for us. We were thinking about leaving but the absorption deal makes it a lot more attractive. You can count on us. By the way, we've heard some rumblings that you'd like us to move Motegi to the fall. We can do that if it is a real big deal.'

'Naah, not that big of a deal to us. We'll work it out and things will be just fine.'

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
                  The media coverage of Tony George's and Robert Clarke's trip to Honda in Japan earlier this year was that it was in regards to a supposed discussion about changing the race date for Motegi.

But what if that was just a cover for a different meeting?

I am really wondering if the actual meeting was in regards to Honda (not Tony or the IRL) providing the free engines to all of the incoming teams this year?

I could see why Honda would not want that to get out to the press, if true.

Thoughts?
                  Not a very good secret since all of the press was reporting it before the trip...

Comment

Originally posted by crsfulk
                    Not a very good secret since all of the press was reporting it before the trip...
                    Everything that I read said that Tony George was paying for this year's engine leases for the new teams, did I miss something?

It's not like that would be the first time, you know. -cap

Comment

Nah............

He had a jones for some sushi..........
                      ZOOOM
                      "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
                      James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                        By the way, we've heard some rumblings that you'd like us to move Motegi to the fall. We can do that if it is a real big deal.'

'Naah, not that big of a deal to us. We'll work it out and things will be just fine.'
                        :tg :kk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X