HVM Racing question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVM Racing question?

did these guys have the Corona spnosrship a few years (2004) back? very cool livery........put a Mexican in the car and it'll KILL at Miami, St. Pete, LB, and Sonoma......

(and I know they had the Herdez (hot sauce?) car)
    the man in expensive shoes

Originally posted by numrounofan
    did these guys have the Corona spnosrship a few years (2004) back? very cool livery........put a Mexican in the car and it'll KILL at Miami, St. Pete, LB, and Sonoma......
    Is Cedric the Entertainer still with the team? I’d figured he could help get an inside track on the Budweiser sponsorship. I think Bud will be back in play with one series now
    We want to relate to Americana. I went to the Indy 500 and that was Americana. I sat in various turns and I didn’t see any champagne drinkers, but I saw a lot of beer drinkers. We appeal to the wine and cheese crowd, but we also appeal to the masses – the beer drinkers.” Randy Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan

(and I know they had the Herdez (hot sauce?) car)
      That was Walker before the sponsorship was poached by Forsythe.

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford
        That was Walker before the sponsorship was poached by Forsythe.
        Was that the legendary Rodolfo Levin?

I am sure both Walker and Gerald both wanted him for his immense talent.
        IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakePitLounge
          Is Cedric the Entertainer still with the team? I’d figured he could help get an inside track on the Budweiser sponsorship. I think Bud will be back in play with one series now
          I think his relationship lasted about as long as one of his movies last at your local megaplex.......

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
            Was that the legendary Rodolfo Levin?

I am sure both Walker and Gerald both wanted him for his immense talent.
            No they wanted the Corona money.

It was a good looking car.

Comment

thank for answering my questions guys....yeah it's really too bad a guy of Gerry's caliber isn't coming to INDY Car....

IIRC Levin's Grandad was a big wheel at Corona and wanted Rodo boy to have his shiney toy

guess any connection was just wishful thinking on my part.. :kk

Comment

--old bad joke intermission--

Back in the 80's, I thought a neat thing to name a team would be "Generic Racing."

Our car would be white, and have no sponsors. The sidepods would simply say "CAR."

For Indianapolis, we would have a second car. It would also be white, and its sidepods would say, "OTHER CAR."

If someone brought cash, we might even have a third white car with sidepods that said "THIRD CAR."

With luck they'd all qualify on the same row.

--end of old bad joke intermission--
                "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon

Back in the 80's, I thought a neat thing to name a team would be "Generic Racing."

Our car would be white, and have no sponsors. The sidepods would simply say "CAR."

For Indianapolis, we would have a second car. It would also be white, and its sidepods would say, "OTHER CAR."

If someone brought cash, we might even have a third white car with sidepods that said "THIRD CAR."

so how can you make money off that??? VOLUME!!!!! :kk

Comment

What about making it an all-American driver team, painting the cars red, white and blue and painting the first names of the drivers on the side-pods.
                    After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

Nope. The way to do it is have a green car marked with "CARBON CREDITS". You'll have guilty bazillionaires giving you millions to offset their carbon feetprints (footprints?) (feetsprints?).

Comment

Originally posted by Cant_hit_apex
                        Nope. The way to do it is have a green car marked with "CARBON CREDITS". You'll have guilty bazillionaires giving you millions to offset their carbon feetprints (footprints?) (feetsprints?).
                        "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                        --Danny Noonan

Comment

Hey, that was my idea for my lottery winnings funded car. Except it would be called GDI for Gosh Darn Independent (cleaned up in deference to Rev).
                          It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X