Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why call it HVM Racing?

Herdez Viva Mexico Racing? Why? -cap

How about calling the team, what it originally was called? Bettenhausen Motorsports. It would be a nice tribute, to a person and a family that was important to the history of the sport. And, it was his team, originally.

And some folks have actually heard of the name Bettenhausen.
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
    Herdez Viva Mexico Racing? Why? -cap

How about calling the team, what it originally was called? Bettenhausen Motorsports. It would be a nice tribute, to a person and a family that was important to the history of the sport. And, it was his team, originally.

And some folks have actually heard of the name Bettenhausen.
    Do Gary or Merle have any connection to the team?

Comment

Maybe they have boxes of old stationary that they want to be able to use.

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford
        I'd hire Gary in a heartbeat, for a team. If Nelson Piquet would listen to him and learn from him, then about anyone would.

What does a sponsor in Herdez (that isn't around anymore) and "Viva Mexico" (when there are no races in Mexico) have to do with this team?

Honor the Bettenhausen name. There is a lot of true history with it in Indy Car/American Open Wheel Racing.
        IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

I'd hire Gary in a heartbeat, for a team. If Nelson Piquet would listen to him and learn from him, then about anyone would.

What does a sponsor in Herdez (that isn't around anymore) and "Viva Mexico" (when there are no races in Mexico) have to do with this team?

Honor the Bettenhausen name. There is a lot of true history with it in Indy Car/American Open Wheel Racing.

I agree, there is a ton of history, but just naming a bunch of teams after former stars doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Like if KV changes their name to Jimmy Bryan Racing, I am not sure what that accomplishes.

Comment

I agree, there is a ton of history, but just naming a bunch of teams after former stars doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

Like if KV changes their name to Jimmy Bryan Racing, I am not sure what that accomplishes.
            That's fair.

But, this team has had a million names in its existance. And, we all know, that the true origin of the team dates back to Tony Bettenhausen.

Call it Wiggins Racing. Its his team now. But, HVM Racing??? Sorry, that's weak.

Comment

That's fair.

But, this team has had a million names in its existance. And, we all know, that the true origin of the team dates back to Tony Bettenhausen.

Call it Wiggins Racing. Its his team now. But, HVM Racing??? Sorry, that's weak.
              I totally agree, calling it HVM Racing makes no sense if Herdez is out.

You're right, that makes no sense at all.

Comment

Herdez pulled out after the '04 bankruptcy.....maybe Wiggins knows what he's doing? -cap
                the man in expensive shoes

Comment

I dont think so.

Comment

His nickname was "the shmuck", He built a bunch of fishing ponds on his property south of Indy. Got in some trouble for it. But since he tore his bicep, he would basical twist his hand around and use his shoulders to jig.

I use to hang out with Merle's son. Bettenhausen is deffinatly a name I would like to see in Indy again.

Comment

It needs to be renamed/initialized right away.

He needs a sponsor that starts with an A, so it could be Wiggins-A________-Racing, or WAR for short.

No charge for this free marketing advice.

(I keep thinking of Mrs. Wiggins from the old Carol Burnette show.)

Comment

Originally posted by owfan19
                        His nickname was "the shmuck", He built a bunch of fishing ponds on his property south of Indy. Got in some trouble for it. But since he tore his bicep, he would basical twist his hand around and use his shoulders to jig.

I use to hang out with Merle's son. Bettenhausen is deffinatly a name I would like to see in Indy again.
                        http://www.indy500.com/photo/large.p...eries_id=1&o=h

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1
                          It needs to be renamed/initialized right away.

He needs a sponsor that starts with an A, so it could be Wiggins-A________-Racing, or WAR for short.

No charge for this free marketing advice.

(I keep thinking of Mrs. Wiggins from the old Carol Burnette show.)
                          How about Jim Rome?
                          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                          --Danny Noonan

Comment

Sorry, I disagree. Dragging up an old name just to capitalize on a thin connection makes no sense. For reference, check on the Vanderbilt Cup.

My guess is that there are some legal requirements to use HVM and it is probably a placeholder name until the deal between Stoddart and Wiggins over who owns what is worked out. Once that happens, the team will be renamed. At that point, it will be up to Wiggins to make the call.

Comment

Frankly I don't care what they call themselves. If they show up and give it their best effort, I will call them racers.
                              Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X