Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest/Forsythe Connection?

Hmm.... :tg

INDIANAPOLIS (March 11, 2008) – Conquest Racing took another step today in its quest to become a contender in the new IndyCar® Series after it was announced that it had signed a technical partnership with Forsythe Performance Research, a wholly owned subsidiary of Forsythe Racing Inc., one of open-wheel racing’s top organizations.

The new alliance with Forsythe Performance Research will provide the team with technical and engineering resources for the 2008 season.

“We are working very hard on our transition from Champ Car to the IndyCar Series and we are excited about this partnership with Forsythe Performance Research,” said Eric Bachelart, owner of Conquest Racing. “Their knowledge and experience will accelerate our efforts of becoming a front-running team in the IndyCar Series.”

Conquest Racing, who enters its second full season of competition in the Indy Racing League, can already claim a podium finish in the Series with a third place by Laurent Redon in 2002 at
    Fontana . The team looks to add to their past success with rookie Frenchman Franck Perera, who topped the charts at the final Champ Car open-test in Sebring in only his second time in the DP01 car, and a second driver who will be announced shortly.

“Forsythe Performance Research is very pleased to be able to enter into a mutually beneficial technical support arrangement with Conquest Racing in 2008,” expressed Neil Micklewright of Forsythe Performance Research. “With the extensive racing background of Forsythe Racing and the fine team that Conquest has created, we feel assured that 2008 will be an exciting and challenging year for all concerned. We look forward to helping Conquest Racing unleash all of its potential.”

With the team they have in place and with the assistance of an organization with a tradition of excellence in racing, Conquest Racing is ready to take on their new challenge in the IndyCar Series. The team will make its on-track debut with the Dallaras on the road course in
    Sebring , Florida next week at the first of two pre-season tests for the transitioning Champ Car teams which takes place March 19 and 20. The IndyCar Series season begins March 29 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Wanna bet Paul Tracy lands that ride!

Comment

interesting

Comment

"Conquest Racing, who enters its second full season of competition in the Indy Racing League, can already claim a podium finish in the Series with a third place by Laurent Redon in 2002 at Fontana"

I don't remember any podiums at ICS races :withstupi
        By the time you finish reading this you realize that you have wasted 5 seconds of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay J
          Wanna bet Paul Tracy lands that ride!

That would be a good deal. NO mater what you think of PT, he still has talent and he will get fans interested, either as the white hat or the black one.

Eric has really impressed me with his efforts on the IRL deal.
          After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

Interesting. Con-sythe racing?
            Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

Originally posted by n-turbo
              "Conquest Racing, who enters its second full season of competition in the Indy Racing League, can already claim a podium finish in the Series with a third place by Laurent Redon in 2002 at Fontana"

there will be podiums in 2008

Comment

Originally posted by dreamracer
                Interesting. Con-sythe racing?
                Since PT is a Canadian, maybe it will be Conn Smythe Racing.

Comment

If Forsythe wants to race in the IRL in 2009, this arrangement would put him in position to do so without falling a full year behind. And without having to eat the cost of a (most likely) uncompetitive season. He'd fired most of his team after last season anyway and his driver is up there in years, so it's not like he had much motivation to slog through a bad year to keep his group of personnel together. He can have his pick of people from teams that will close shop after 2008. It's not a bad strategy (if it's a strategy).

Comment

Originally posted by n-turbo

They started out in IRL and ran there for 1 year. It was the old Mi-Jack car. Then they went to CCWS the next year. At least, I think that is the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture
                      "Winner, winner, chicken dinner."
                      "Why do we do this? Because we love it, don't want to be anywhere else but a race car. We will keep your legacy my friend. Racers race."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture
                        I knew that name had a familiar ring to it...
                        Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

With this "arrangement", several things get accomplished (if Tracy ends up as the 2nd driver):

1. Forsythe is able to do something with Tracy, without having to own a team or show his face at IRL events. He was going to have to pay him anyway. Might as well let him race, with many of your employees (including Mickelwright, who has been with him for years) in the mix.

2. Conquest gets the veteran driver, they desperately need. Seeing that Perera has never been on a oval in his life, that was imperative. Plus, Tracy brings Monster money, which all owners enjoy.

3. Tracy gets to race, with some of the same folks (likely engineers) he has been with for years. It won't be a totally foreign team to him. Plus, most importantly, he gets his money, which I guess he thinks he is entitled to, as a major star. And, with the Forsythe connection, it has a chance to be a pretty solid team (at least in his mind).

4. The IRL gets Tracy into the IRL, without Vision having to run him/pay him. Now, they can turn their attention to running Alex Lloyd, who they really wanted to run in the first place, in a 3rd car. And, Lloyd is someone that will be around long-term, and not just until next year.
                          IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Hells bells, Forsythe can be at Indy without Forsythe being at Indy.

And people always thought you couldn't kinda be pregnant.
                            Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
                              With this "arrangement", several things get accomplished (if Tracy ends up as the 2nd driver):

1. Forsythe is able to do something with Tracy, without having to own a team or show his face at IRL events. He was going to have to pay him anyway. Might as well let him race, with many of your employees (including Mickelwright, who has been with him for years) in the mix.

2. Conquest gets the veteran driver, they desperately need. Seeing that Perera has never been on a oval in his life, that was imperative. Plus, Tracy brings Monster money, which all owners enjoy.

3. Tracy gets to race, with some of the same folks (likely engineers) he has been with for years. It won't be a totally foreign team to him. Plus, most importantly, he gets his money, which I guess he thinks he is entitled to, as a major star. And, with the Forsythe connection, it has a chance to be a pretty solid team (at least in his mind).

4. The IRL gets Tracy into the IRL, without Vision having to run him/pay him. Now, they can turn their attention to running Alex Lloyd, who they really wanted to run in the first place, in a 3rd car. And, Lloyd is someone that will be around long-term, and not just until next year.
                              I would add to this that Forsythe can hold up his end of the merger agreement by "supporting" IndyCar. I believe that was one of the stipulations that was released in the bancruptcy filing.
                              Mess with me and you mess with the whole trailer park.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X