Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Indycar get it's cars back from Walker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Indycar get it's cars back from Walker?

Does Walker have to give back the 2 cars he says he has since he is not going to be racing? After all the agreement was that any teams that could commit to racing in the IndyCar series for the next 2 years got the cars, engine lease, and TEAM money. If he and any other team is not going to race they should have to give them back. These are cars that other teams could use. Even if it is just for the Indy 500. Could Walker and others hold IndyCar hostage in this respect?
    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

I am not sure that they got any cars per the merger deal. I know they had PJ Jones car in their shop pre merger(or what ever it is called). I could be wrong about this.
    www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by devowood
      I am not sure that they got any cars per the merger deal. I know they had PJ Jones car in their shop pre merger(or what ever it is called). I could be wrong about this.
      Penske had one all ready to send him, and I don't think it was the Jones car that was already in his shop. IIRC, the Penske car is a "merger deal" car.
      One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by devowood
        Walker has two Dallaras in the shop. If things remain as they are at the moment the cars will be headed out.
        "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

$20 says he will be at Indy anyway.

He should keep the cars.
          Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickman
            $20 says he will be at Indy anyway.

He should keep the cars.
            The original question was CAN he keep them. It seems rational to assume the contract doesn't allow him to keep them if he isn't running the season.

I'm assuming that this isn't a ploy for more money from the league, and he will have to come up with another car if he intends to run Indy.

Comment

The original question was CAN he keep them.
              Well, no one seems to be able to conclusively say whether Walker purchased the chassis or whether they were supplied to him by the IRL, or whether they were 'loaners' form another team.

I'd say:
              NO. If they were provided by IRL as merger bait.
              YES. If Walker purchased the chassis.
              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Craigar1
                The original question was CAN he keep them. It seems rational to assume the contract doesn't allow him to keep them if he isn't running the season.

I'm assuming that this isn't a ploy for more money from the league, and he will have to come up with another car if he intends to run Indy.
                He's already painted one.
                Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman
                  Does Walker have to give back the 2 cars he says he has since he is not going to be racing? After all the agreement was that any teams that could commit to racing in the IndyCar series for the next 2 years got the cars, engine lease, and TEAM money. If he and any other team is not going to race they should have to give them back. These are cars that other teams could use. Even if it is just for the Indy 500. Could Walker and others hold IndyCar hostage in this respect?
                  TG is outside in the parking lot waiting for Walker to come out. Derrick slyly beats a hasty retreat out the back past the dumpsters, around the retention pond, across the Wendys parking lot and into his pick up truck.
                  http://thepurginglutheran.wordpress.com/

http://thegatwickview.tumblr.com/

http://thepurginglutheran.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                    Well, no one seems to be able to conclusively say whether Walker purchased the chassis or whether they were supplied to him by the IRL, or whether they were 'loaners' form another team.
                    I don't know about the first one, but from everything I've heard, the one Penske was preparing was a "merger deal" chassis. I'd have to imagine that it goes back.
                    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang
                      I don't know about the first one, but from everything I've heard, the one Penske was preparing was a "merger deal" chassis. I'd have to imagine that it goes back.
                      It will go nowhere.

Walker will get his money from Gore, and will be using that ugly green and yellow painted chassis during the 2008 season (unless that was the chassis they reportedly got from SAMAX). Either way, Walker will keep them.

Penske probably doesn't want it back anyway. He will be re-imbursed with a new Dallara soon, for his trouble.
                      IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

"The car we're getting is Derrick Walker's, which is slightly sad,'' Wiggins said.
                        The car is going to HVM.
                        Asked how he’d like to be remembered were he hit by a bus tomorrow, Tracy doesn’t hesitate: “I’m a race-car driver. At the last second, I’d swerve and avoid the bus.”

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X