NASCAR ratings continue upward trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR ratings continue upward trend

Looks like yesterday's Atlanta race pulled in a 5.6 overnight rating.

This compares to a 4.7 overnight last year (last year ended up pulling a 5.2 in the final ratings). This is a 19% gain and the highest Atlanta rating since 2003 according to Jayski.

The ratings in Columbus are absolutely off the charts right now.

Comment

Originally posted by athletics68
      Looks like yesterday's Atlanta race pulled in a 5.6 overnight rating.

This compares to a 4.7 overnight last year (last year ended up pulling a 5.2 in the final ratings). This is a 19% gain and the highest Atlanta rating since 2003 according to Jayski.
      That's a pretty healthy gain.

Comment

I thought NASCAR was going to become less popular, once Indy Car Racin' unified?

Maybe NASCAR is getting even more of the "disenchanted" open-wheel fan.
        IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

That's all well and good, but what were the ratings for the 18-49 yr olds?

Vegas ratings look promising

roach

Comment

How odd that Jim Wilke didn't post this first. He's usually all over the ratings discussions.
            Last edited by b real; 03-10-2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by b real
              How odd that Jim Wilke didn't post this first. He's usally all over the ratings discussions.
              Nah, he's into car counts now.
              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Who cares what nascar does.
                "Moralism is often the first strength of a weak mind"
                -Norman Mailer-

Comment

Originally posted by sweaty
                  Who cares what nascar does.
                  1) NASCAR fans.
                  2) Fans of "other" series that are afflicted with "attendance and ratings" envy.

roach

Comment

That may be all well and good but the crowds sucked big time. And it is still the only racing on at this time. Only reason I watched. No real competition for them yesterday on TV.
                    Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman
                      That may be all well and good but the crowds sucked big time.
                      Welcome to the Atlanta sports scene. The city where the NLCS has a ton of empty seats.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamMcLarenF1
                        Welcome to the Atlanta sports scene. The city where the NLCS has a ton of empty seats.
                        Beat me to it. Atlanta has never been a great "in person" sports town.

Comment

The mega snow storm in the Ohio Valley surely helped the ratings. It will probably help the population in about 9 months too.
                          "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                          Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                          www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                            The mega snow storm in the Ohio Valley surely helped the ratings. It will probably help the population in about 9 months too.
                            Well if the trend continues the rating will also go up in the final, which means that the Ohio Valley while a microcosm of America, still lowballs NASCAR ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by jcroche
                              That's all well and good, but what were the ratings for the 18-49 yr olds?

Vegas ratings look promising

roach
                              Hey Jim, I thought Miles (old twinkle toes) had that demographic all figured out
                              (well at least the female demo)

(he keeps trying to date my niece)
                              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X