• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another motorsport themed movie in the works

By Gary Ross of 'Seabiscuit' fame.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Seabiscuit is awesome, but a movie about Nascar ehh....
    "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

I can't wait for the one from the maker of "The World's Fastest Indian", The Bruce McLaren story!

Comment

"...you can do a lot with emotions that are being played out at 200 mph," Ross said.
        Unless he's setting it during the 1980s, that sentence alone tells me he doesn't know enough about NASCAR to make a credible movie out of it.
        "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

"If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury
          Unless he's setting it during the 1980s, that sentence alone tells me he doesn't know enough about NASCAR to make a credible movie out of it.
          Your post tells me that you haven't been paying attention this year. At both Las Vegas and Atlanta, the cars were hitting 205 at the end of the straightaways.
          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Refutation
            Seabiscuit is awesome, but a movie about Nascar ehh....
            it's about a car owner that pulls a REAL Toyota Camry from the car crusher at the junkyard....they nurse it back to health and it goes on to win the Daytona 500!!!!!!
            the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by tcsparky
              I can't wait for the one from the maker of "The World's Fastest Indian", The Bruce McLaren story!
              According to the film's web site, http://www.thebrucemclarenmovie.com, they should be working on the second draft of the script right now. I'm hoping they have lots of Can Am stuff, given how significant that series was to Bruce's career. I'm wondering who they will get to play Bruce and Denny Hulme as well.

Comment

This one is going to be called "The Bristol Blues"
                "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
                Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
                www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
                  Your post tells me that you haven't been paying attention this year. At both Las Vegas and Atlanta, the cars were hitting 205 at the end of the straightaways.
                  I think was addressing the part about "you can do a lot with emotions" and noting that today's drivers are politically correct cookie cutter automotron pretty boys and not the heart-on-sleeve type ofl drivers we have seen in the past.
                  "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I'm skeptical on what Hollywood will do to any sport in the name of dramatic license. I just hope it doesn't leave us howling over the liberties they take. Something like 3, executively produced by ESPN, came out very good. I'm just not optimistic about anyone in Hollywood respecting racing enough to portray it truthfully.
                    "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

for those interested in racing movies
                      http://www.library.appstate.edu/stockcar/movies.html#a
                      Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

If this does to NASCAR what "Driven" did for CART, I say "Action!".

Comment

Originally posted by dalz
                          I'm skeptical on what Hollywood will do to any sport in the name of dramatic license. I just hope it doesn't leave us howling over the liberties they take. Something like 3, executively produced by ESPN, came out very good. I'm just not optimistic about anyone in Hollywood respecting racing enough to portray it truthfully.
                          I might have liked 3 better if they hadn't made their 1970s Grand National cars look like Saturday night Street Stocks. Barry Pepper was pretty good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Fury
                            According to the film's web site, http://www.thebrucemclarenmovie.com, they should be working on the second draft of the script right now. I'm hoping they have lots of Can Am stuff, given how significant that series was to Bruce's career. I'm wondering who they will get to play Bruce and Denny Hulme as well.
                            Colin Meiny (Chief O'Brian of Star Trek) is getting a bit old but would have been a fine Denny Hulme.

Comment

Originally posted by tcsparky
                              Colin Meiny (Chief O'Brian of Star Trek) is getting a bit old but would have been a fine Denny Hulme.
                              You mean Colm Meaney.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X