NASCAR: And then there were 47....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR: And then there were 47....

48 cars entered Fontana and Vegas, down from the previous year but we were told that was due to weather and the long west coast haul and that entries would pick up once Cup returned to the South.

48 cars entered Atlanta, down from 51 the previous year and the 27 was one of them. Following their latest DNQ, the 27 announced they were suspending operations.

That leaves 47 entries and one of those is Burney Lamar who has not qualified all year.

In a few more weeks, NASCAR isn't going to have to worry about GOGH cars and the 'Racing for Jesus' team may make a comeback.

That leaves 47 entries and one of those is Burney Lamar who has not qualified all year.
    That's what happens when you have greater than 43 entries for 43 starting spots.....

Other racing series should have such problems...
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
      In a few more weeks, NASCAR isn't going to have to worry about GOGH cars and the 'Racing for Jesus' team may make a comeback.
      Any chance he'll return to "Scruffing tires for Christ" as he was a few years back for Roush?

Comment

All I know is Morgan needs to hire this driver in the future,

http://www.racingwest.com/news/story...134/index.html

Jesus Hernandez of Fresno, Calif., returns to the Drive for Diversity program for the fourth season and will race in the Camping World Series East for Dale Earnhardt Inc. Hernandez finished 15th in the Camping World Series East point standings last season.
        www.RacingNation.com & www.1057FMTheFan.com
        Harry A. Miller vintage Indy Car event & IndyFest at the Milwaukee Mile July 10-12, 2015
        Author of Arcadia Publishing release: 'Road America' available at Amazon.com

Comment

So, the final nail in the coffin will be when 43 cars show up and ALL of them start the race, with nobody sent home as a DNQ? That will be horrible. The France Family needs to shut down this farce immediately, in time for all of their teams to get their hands on free Dallaras, Honda engines and TonyBux, to run in this year's ICS. Next year may be too late, and there will only be 45 cars showing up each week.

Comment

I guess the TV ratings are up because those teams are all home watching? Since NASCAR just bought the AMA maybe they'll let motorcycles take provisionals to fill the field before they finally merge, then a two tire stop will make a real difference.
            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
            "They're criminals"
            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
              I guess the TV ratings are up because those teams are all home watching? Since NASCAR just bought the AMA maybe they'll let motorcycles take provisionals to fill the field before they finally merge, then a two tire stop will make a real difference.
              LOL

Jim has to do something. Ratings are up big time this year.
              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

You know, a few years ago I said that NASCAR's move to 35-8 would kill some teams and have an impact on entries. Folks like you said I was out to lunch, that entries would continue to climb. Who was right?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
                  ...then a two tire stop will make a real difference.
                  It sure did for Zemke in the 200 Saturday. Quick change rear axle wouldn't engage and he lost 3 laps in the pits, taking him out of a chance for the win.

roach

Comment

You know, a few years ago I said that NASCAR's move to 35-8 would kill some teams and have an impact on entries. Folks like you said I was out to lunch, that entries would continue to climb. Who was right?
                    The move to 35-8 did not have an adverse impact on entries; it's been in place for 2 + years now that featured more entries each year. The move to the CoT may have, in the short run, resulted in some shorter entry lists. But again, Jim, with you it's more of a case of a stopped clock being right twice a day. You've predicted disaster for NASCAR forever. Hence, every time something happens that is negative, you can take credit for it.

How 'bout those ratings?
                    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Ratings anyone?

Seriously though, so they only have 47-48 cars entering to run races every week (with the new car this year mind), to run in races that max out at 43...

I'm no math genius, but I do believe 48>43. Maybe ICS should pay those extra 5 teams to come over and run. Because the CC merger will be lucky to get ICS over 22 car fields at the rate CC teams are dropping out.

Comment

And as soon as they are down to 43 or 44 some of these fringe teams will say, "Heck we have a good chance to make it, call up Burney and let's have a go!" For real racers, hope springs eternal. The next week the entry list will be at 45-46 again.

Cycles, people.
                          "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

I said the same thing.

I also said that Bushwhackers would kill Busch. It has.

Comment

Originally posted by athletics68
                              Ratings anyone?

Seriously though, so they only have 47-48 cars entering to run races every week (with the new car this year mind), to run in races that max out at 43...

I'm no math genius, but I do believe 48>43.
                              And 51>47.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X