France (DMG) aquires AMA Pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• France (DMG) aquires AMA Pro...

Well... it is Bike Week and all... The Empire has decided to add a "2-wheel" division to their holdings... That includes every AMA Pro category with the exception of SuperCross and ArenaCross (still thru Live Nation).

“We are not licensing or borrowing or leasing AMA Pro Racing rights, we are buying them..."

LINK

I guess they have Bernie envy. (Bernie's holding company owns MotoGP)

Comment

How long is MotoGP's contract with IMS?

Can we squeeze a dirt oval and a motorcross track on the IMS grounds?
      "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
      Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      www.fairtax.org

Comment

You could probally se up some kind of temporary supercross track at IMS using the front strait and pits etc.

Comment

This Just In....

Bike Of Tomorrow to be used starting in 2010

film at 11

Im just making this up

I dont know the first thing about bikes
          Live like Dave

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Bill france Sr help from the world superbike championship?

Comment

Originally posted by use2know
              ...The Empire has decided to add a "2-wheel" division to their holdings...
              They already had one - The SunTrust Moto-ST Series which is owned by Grand-AM (GARRA).

SunTrust Moto-ST Series

roach

Comment

Originally posted by jcroche
                They already had one - The SunTrust Moto-ST Series which is owned by Grand-AM (GARRA).

SunTrust Moto-ST Series

roach
                I stand corrected... I had no idea that they had a hand in that little "Sport Twin" playground. How did that work out for them last week at Daytona...? 17 in the SST Class (down 2 bikes form last year)... 7 in GTS (down 3 from last year).... Thriving....

But I will say that they now have control over a series with TV exposure and ample grids...

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                  How long is MotoGP's contract with IMS?

Can we squeeze a dirt oval and a motorcross track on the IMS grounds?
                  I think bike week at Indy would be a very smart move. I don't know what it will draw if you started putting people in the speedway but you could set up the moto-cross track near the speedway and put up temporary stands.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture
                    I guess they have Bernie envy. (Bernie's holding company owns MotoGP)
                    No, they don't.

If anyone takes the time to read the article in the link, you'll note Rob Dingman's specific apology for what the AMA did to Roger, his wife, and his family.

I was racing in the AMA Pro Superbike Series when the AMA did it's abominable actions. Roger and Peggy Edmondson personally, with (like the Beatles song) the help of their friends, developed the AMA Championship Cup Series from scratch in the early 80s, and then went on to the AMA to run the Pro Series. Then, the AMA attempted to destroy them for no good reason just so they (AMA) could take the racing back. No one who was around that time could figure out what in the world the AMA was trying to do or trying to prove, and obviously from what was said today, no one yet uderstands what the powers that be at that time were thinking.

I was privileged to know Roger and Peggy on a personal basis through those years of racing, and I know of no-one I've ever met in two or four wheeled racing who compares to the total dedication they have given to racing. I really don't care if the Frances are involved or not. Grand Am, and now Ama Pro Racing, are in the very best of hands.

This is not to say that there weren't people who weren't happy with Roger. But Roger is eminently fair, impartial, and puts racing and racing safety first and foremost. It just doesn't get any better than that.
                    "Sometimes a majority simply means that all the fools are on the same side." C. McDonald

Comment

Just as an aside, that Murphy the Bear blog posted about this in October.

I'm not a particular fan of Nascar involving themselves in too many facets of the sport. I"m not much of a fan of what they do, and I hope other forms stay strong enough to keep their spots.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X