Jim Beam to Sponsor Penske at Indy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Beam to Sponsor Penske at Indy

I found this little tidbit in a release from Jim Beam announcing sponsorship of Robby Gordon found here: release

From the release:

Jim Beam will continue to be an official sponsor of the 92nd running of the Indianapolis 500 through a partnership with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. This sponsorship, as well as a season-long sponsorship of the Lowe’s Motor Speedway in Charlotte, N.C., makes it possible to once again provide Jim Beam racing fans the opportunity to experience the Jim Beam 1100 – two historic races totaling 1100 miles on the same day. Jim Beam will continue its recent Memorial Day Weekend tradition by offering race fans the opportunity to win a VIP trip for four to attend both the Indianapolis 500® and the NASCAR® 600-mile race at Lowe’s Motor Speedway on Sunday, May 25, 2008 by signing up through regular mail or online at jimbeam.com.1 Jim Beam will sponsor Team Penske IndyCar Series® drivers Helio Castroneves and Ryan Briscoe in addition to NASCAR driver/team owner Robby Gordon to further support the Jim Beam 1100 promotion.
    Life's a reach, and then you jibe.

This is great news for the ICS and Indy 500.

FINALLY, someone can actually tell the public they sponsor Helio. The tobacco settlement has kept one of our best drivers a secret.

I hope they eventually take over the entire car and get Marlboro out. No political statement here. I just don't like having our best team not being able to market one of our most marketable drivers.

That said, thanks Marlboro for all you have done for racing, you have been a great partner.
    kwetcherbetchen

Comment

It might be only a decal spot. I like it that everybody that knows racing knows who sponsors Team Penske without having Marlboro on the car. Roger gets the money and people can still think it is just a pretty car. Marlboro paid their dues and sponsored in the racing I love, I thank them.
      It's always been about the Indy 500!
      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Interesting. You would think that this would clash with Miller.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRiculture
          Interesting. You would think that this would clash with Miller.
          No, its a Boilermaker.
          It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

http://www.jimbeam.com/Racing1100/
            Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

The CEO of Beam was on Bloomberg last night. That is one very smart dude..

I prefer Jack Daniels.

Comment

They have a much better chance of winning one than the other.
                It's always been about the Indy 500!
                I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
                  Booze and Cancer Sticks.

I thought we are told around here that its NASCAR who cateres to the 'necks'.
                  Jim Beam markets fine cognac and single malt bourbons too. How do you define 'neck?

Comment

Originally posted by whiskeyflip
                    The CEO of Beam was on Bloomberg last night. That is one very smart dude..

I prefer Jack Daniels.
                    Crown Royal....
                    The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Brickman
                      In the week before Daytona, one of the top DC morning drive shows (The Junkies on WJFK-FM) had a Robby, Helio, and Ryan phoner promoting the Jim Beam 1100. One of the hosts (who isn't much of a racing fan) was so confused as to which race was taking place which weekend and why Helio wasn't racing at Daytona. Eventually his co-hosts were able to explain it...

Comment

I have a commemorative bottle of Beam from the last 1100 when Danny Wheldon was in the car............it came with an INDY 500 glass and some *&%$$#&^())* broke it a party at my home.......he's not invited back and the NEXT one goes in a display case.......
                        the man in expensive shoes

Comment

Originally posted by autoracingfan2
                          Crown Royal....
                          Beam for drinking

Knob Creek for enjoying
                          http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9rows
                            Beam for drinking

Knob Creek for enjoying
                            Crown and Diet for drinking, which is usually fun...

Knob Creek or Corner Creek for enjoying (on the rocks)
                            The transformation is complete. The Indy 500 is the only IndyCar race that matters.

Comment

Smoking and Drinking are bad for your health!

Evidently good for car owners.
                              "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved
                              body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting
                              "...holy $^!+...what a ride!"
                              >

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X