81.25%
    It has dampened my enthusiasm.
    4.17%
    I feel the same as before.
    13.89%
    I don't care for AOW.
    0.69%

The poll is expired.

No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Cant Wait!!!
    GO COLTS!!!

Comment

No surprises on who voted how, eh?
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Why would anyone come here to pick choice 4?

Comment

Why would anyone come here to pick choice 4?
          Amen.

All I have to ask to the pollster here is why he didn't put up this question:

Would you rather get a tax refund by mistake or a tax audit on purpose?

Of course we are all geeked up!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkDonohueFan
            Amen.

All I have to ask to the pollster here is why he didn't put up this question:

Would you rather get a tax refund by mistake or a tax audit on purpose?

Of course we are all geeked up!
            Well, I've detected am undercurrent of dissatisfaction with a number of things since the big announcement from a variety of sources. I just thought it would be interesting to put the quibbles back out of the picture a bit.

No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

One vote for "I don't care for AOW". I was so surprised to see who it was.

Comment

Same as before, because:

* I already have a high level of enjoyment for Indycar racing,
                * The "amalgamergerfication" happened so quickly and at the last-minute there's bound to be rough spots, and
                * I believe I'm realistic enough in expecting hordes of fans not to immediately come back. The series must be reborn, over time, as something that respects the past yet understands its modern audience.

So, no, this year I have the same anticipation. It's the years to come that have my hopes up. Assuming the powers that be don't keep it all status quo and assume the fans will come. They won't.
                "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                  One vote for "I don't care for AOW". I was so surprised to see who it was.
                  I never looked to see who voted for what in a poll before. That's an interesting feature.

Comment

I did not vote, but I would have to say dampened, but not because of the unification.

I guess you could say that February 22nd, 2008 will always stick in my mind as a day of un-unification which has dampened my enthusiasm for just about everything.
                    One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang

I guess you could say that February 22nd, 2008 will always stick in my mind as a day of un-unification .
                      can you elaborate on that.....I don't understand what your getting at

Comment

I can tell you this forum had much more traffic this past February than we did last May, and last May was a record.

I think this next May could be huge.

The season opener (and the season opener party ) may give us an indication too.

I don't think it's just CC fans, but even moreso just fans in general who are interested in the new era -cap
                        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Definition:

Malcontent, noun

1. A person not satisfied with current conditions; a discontented person
                          2. Racewriter
                          "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Shazam, Danny. You get a
                            Doc Austin Dancing Monkey Award For Comedic Genius.

....even if you were on the money.

Originally posted by Danny Noonan
                            1. A person not satisfied with current conditions; a discontented person

Oh, the topic? Well, I'm looking forward to this season as much as any since the split began. It will be nice to have everyone on the same page and arguing about who bumped who, who is cheating, and who is sleeping with whom instead of intra series trash talk.

It will be nice to get back to racing. Thanks for playing, drive safely, and God bless American

Last edited by Doc Austin; 03-10-2008, 12:18 PM.
                            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X