Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMSA Historic Race To Replace CC at LS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IMSA Historic Race To Replace CC at LS

    http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../gallerygeneva
    Tara was the name of our cat.

  • #2
    I would rather see that anways. I miss those cars.

    Comment


    • #3
      I was still going to see the Rolex guys and the Atlantics anyway, but glad I'm getting even more bang for my buck.

      Comment


      • #4
        Nothing cooler than GTP cars.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

        Comment


        • #5
          Fun vintage cars in a vintage car place and MUCH cheaper.
          "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Doc Austin
            Nothing cooler than GTP cars.
            Well some of the GTU cars were pretty cool. The bottom one is my streetcar.



            Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

            Comment


            • #7
              This is great news...definitely a must go now. Hope to see some of these guys make a run at the track record...the right car and right driver should get pretty close.

              Alex Gurney in the Toyota would be sweet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The Stickman
                Well some of the GTU cars were pretty cool. The bottom one is my streetcar.



                Cool stuff.

                My oldest son (who is a professional auto mechanic) is a total Fiero nut.

                He put a V8 in his 1988 Fiero GT.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Saw150
                  This is great news...definitely a must go now. Hope to see some of these guys make a run at the track record...the right car and right driver should get pretty close.

                  Alex Gurney in the Toyota would be sweet.
                  I seem to remember Davey Jones in the Jaguar GTP car beating the CART track record at Mid-Ohio back in the early 90's.

                  That was one of my favorite series, and one that I really miss.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jdessar
                    Cool stuff.

                    My oldest son (who is a professional auto mechanic) is a total Fiero nut.

                    He put a V8 in his 1988 Fiero GT.
                    I used to have a 1990 Olds Quad 442 with the Quad 4 HO motor and a 5-speed. That was a fun little car to drive and I always wanted to see what a Fiero GT would have been like with the W30 version of that engine. Maybe with a turbo, too.
                    "Only a fool fights in a burning house."-Kang

                    "If you listen to fools....The Maaahhhhb Ruuuules....."-Ronnie James Dio

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jdessar
                      Cool stuff.

                      My oldest son (who is a professional auto mechanic) is a total Fiero nut.

                      He put a V8 in his 1988 Fiero GT.
                      V8 Fieros rock. My dad had one a few years ago on his car lot. The "V8" part was a lot better than the "Fiero" part; the Fiero needed a full suspension rebuild. Wish I'd have had the cash at the time to buy it from him. That thing would FLY.
                      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I bet there is a biiger crowd there for the old IMSA cars than grandam.

                        BTW a local racer here in Edmonton,Jack Ondrack has oen of those old Huffaker IMSA Fieros and now have a GM V6 Turbo in it with around 600hp. He uses that in regional raodracing up here.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well if it's a "historic" race, I guess you could still field up all the DP-01's -cap
                          Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            There has been a number of attempts at holding Historics IMSA races at current events. Most often the field has been somewhat less than what you might hope for. Usually six of less GTP type cars, and the balance old Porsche 911's and the odd Vette...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Fogelhund
                              There has been a number of attempts at holding Historics IMSA races at current events. Most often the field has been somewhat less than what you might hope for. Usually six of less GTP type cars, and the balance old Porsche 911's and the odd Vette...
                              Well, without all of that coke money to help the privateers out.........

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X