Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's always nice when the partner gets it right.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's always nice when the partner gets it right.

"SAFER barriers were invented during a safety overhaul that resulted from the 2001 death of Dale Earnhardt. The walls were developed by Dean Sicking at the University of Nebraska and are currently installed in some form at every track used by NASCAR's top series."

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=2&id=3276794

Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

C'mon, Indyknut. You DID put the words "always, nice, partner, and right" in the same sentence.

...---...

Comment

Indycar needs to be shopping their merged series around right now to a different TV partner, preferably one that is actually professional...NBC springs right to mind over anything the Disney family puts together.

Comment

Originally posted by Canth
        Indycar needs to be shopping their merged series around right now to a different TV partner, preferably one that is actually professional...NBC springs right to mind over anything the Disney family puts together.
        Current situation doesn't look good...

The Peacock is currently entering the third year of a major 6 year agreement with the PGA Tour... at quite an investment (who do you think provides the $250+ million in purse money.. the TV contracts). They also have the rights to the USGA Championships.

The Dew Tour is an equity propery... (meaning they own it)

NHL weekend games through May...

French Open in June... Wimbledon in July...

AVP Tour, PBR, CORR and ALMS all make money...

I think the point is fairly simple... At this time, NBC doesn't have the luxury of easily bumping sports properties to additional channels, such as ABC/ESPN/ESPN2... unless the IRL events don't mind airing on Bravo...

2011, 2012... things might be different. But for now, there is little room at NBC.

Now I can say that NBC has cast their attention to 16th and Georgetown... but their interest is in a certain 2-wheel event that is scheduled to take place in September...

But what do I know...

Comment

I have always wondered about ESPN ever since they paid for that ridiculos NASCAR contract. And so far they have proved that they could really care less about Indy Car anymore.

NBC, CBS, VS. I think could be a better option.

Comment

Originally posted by owfan19
            I have always wondered about ESPN ever sin I wonerce they paid for that ridiculos NASCAR contract.
            Usually I can fight through a typo to find the meaning, but doggone if I can't do it this time.
            No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
              Usually I can fight through a typo to find the meaning, but doggone if I can't do it this time.
              I changed it. Your right, that is f'ed up.

Comment

Merged series or not, the ICS is going to have to convince any new TV partner that the days of sub 1.0 ratings are over. Multimillion, long term contracts for a series that pulls a 5, at what is billed as the world's largest 1 day sporting event, are over, in the current economic climate.

Comment

Originally posted by AceRacing
                  Merged series or not, the ICS is going to have to convince any new TV partner that the days of sub 1.0 ratings are over.
                  When they're on network they don't usually get sub 1.0. Hard to get much on ESPN2 on a Saturday night though.

Comment

Posted by Hoop98 1 Minute ago:

Under development by the league and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Midwest Roadside Safety Facility since 1998, the SAFER Barrier was designed to reduce the severity of impacts by IndyCar Series cars, one of the most effective safety measures taken in the racing industry in recent years.

I would think a correction would be in order to the incorrect statement on the development of the SAFER barrier. Try this new thing they have now called Google, and put in "safer barrier" what a crock of reporting...

rh
                    That old possum lost the fight, His sad, black eyes; what a thing to see on a glowing Easter Sunday
                    @Hoop98

Comment

To:[email protected]

Mr. Newton

In an article attributed to you the following statement was made.

‘SAFER barriers were invented during a safety overhaul that resulted from the 2001 death of Dale Earnhardt. The walls were developed by Dean Sicking at the University of Nebraska and are currently installed in some form at every track used by NASCAR's top series.”

That is a totally false statement.

See for example:

http://www.indycar.com/tech/safer.php

On May 1, 2002, Indy Racing League CEO Tony George announced a safety innovation that would revolutionize the sport of automobile racing. George announced that the SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) Barrier would be installed in all four turns of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in time for practice for that year’s Indianapolis 500-Mile Race.
                      Under development by the league and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Midwest Roadside Safety Facility since 1998, the SAFER Barrier was designed to reduce the severity of impacts by IndyCar Series cars, one of the most effective safety measures taken in the racing industry in recent years.

This irresponsible lack of fact checking, have you heard of this new thing called “Google Safer barrier” makes one wonder about any so called facts or statements attributed to you or your co-staff.

I certainly expect a correction of some sort to appear on your site as well as a more responsible effort on your part to do the most cursory of checking of facts.

BTW, would you mind forwarding me Mr. George Bodenheimer’s email, I can’t seem to find it.

I look forward to your reply.

Robert Hooper

You have his email
                      That old possum lost the fight, His sad, black eyes; what a thing to see on a glowing Easter Sunday
                      @Hoop98

Comment

Good job Hoop.
                        It's always been about the Indy 500!
                        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

Well Done, Hoop.
                          Rest in Peace, Miles Nelson

Never forget, 'Mackie' was here.

Comment

Good work, hoop. One civil, well-documented email > 1,000 complaints with no action.

Imagine what 1,000 civil, well-documented emails would do.
                            There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Hoop

Good job, but I do have a small suggestion. It might have been better if you had left this part out:

This irresponsible lack of fact checking, have you heard of this new thing called “Google Safer barrier” makes one wonder about any so called facts or statements attributed to you or your co-staff.
                              When you attack somebody they become very defensive. I have the feeling the author might ignore your email because of it. Perhaps saying

I hope you will correct the error on your site.

Thank You
                              As they say you catch more flys with Honey...so Hoop did I make you defensive with my suggestion
                              Last edited by Tara; 03-06-2008, 11:45 AM.
                              Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X