race # 17........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• race # 17........

Many posters here blasted Terry Angstadt for "promising" a 17th race and that it would be BIG.....well, looks like Terry over delivered...........anyone willing to stand up and take their lumps??? :kk
    the man in expensive shoes

Which one is the 17th race? Long Beach, Edmonton or Australia?
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I still believe the 17th race was to be at Daytona (on the road course). Just speculation on my part....I think it would be fun to see Indycars and some real racing at Daytona!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester

note I said "over delievered" jake........ :kk

Comment

Originally posted by PurdueZoom
          I still believe the 17th race was to be at Daytona (on the road course). Just speculation on my part....I think it would be fun to see Indycars and some real racing at Daytona!
          I was at those test.....maybe in the near future, but no plans for this year.....

Comment

I think that Daytona is not the place to go.
            There is a nice track similar to Spa Franchorchamps in Wisconsin called Road America.
            This is where the IRL should go long before ever thinking about Daytona.
            :tg :kk

Comment

Originally posted by steal your face
              I think that Daytona is not the place to go.
              There is a nice track similar to Spa Franchorchamps in Wisconsin called Road America.
              This is where the IRL should go long before ever thinking about Daytona.
              :tg :kk

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan
                Many posters here blasted Terry Angstadt for "promising" a 17th race and that it would be BIG.....well, looks like Terry over delivered...........anyone willing to stand up and take their lumps??? :kk
                I'm still waiting for his "17th" race. We all know it was the LA race that will now never happen since they aquired Long Beach.

Comment

Consider my lump taken. Do you really think this was what he had in mind when he made his pronouncement or just a bit of serendippity? Either way, it's fine by me.
                  No man can cause more grief than that one clinging blindly to the vices of his ancestors. - William Faulkner

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                    The latter two are hardly in the 'big' category and Long Beach will have how many cars and how many ICS drivers that will be at Motegi?

There's a difference between getting credit for the results of one's efforts and taking credit for coincidence.
                    "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                    "They're criminals"
                    "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Race #17 only occurred because of a lack of car #17.
                      "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Originally posted by Z28
                        The latter two are hardly in the 'big' category and Long Beach will have how many cars and how many ICS drivers that will be at Motegi?

There's a difference between getting credit for the results of one's efforts and taking credit for coincidence.
                        I don't know about that. CC may have been dying as a series, but their two strongest races were LB and Surfers. Both of those even with CC's usual inflated attendance numbers had ridiculously high attendance beaten only by the 500 itself. Surfers alone had 300,000 fans come through the turnstiles last year if I'm remembering correctly over the race weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
                          Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is an excellent post.
                          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter

Why do you make up stuff like that Racewriter? Its really rather silly and makes you sound stupid and I know you aren't. And Spike still will agree with anything that makes the IRL look desperate or bad.

The “old IRL” teams currently have 18 cars

Penske 2
                            Andretti/Green 4
                            TCGR 2
                            Foyt 2
                            Vision 2
                            Rahal 1
                            D&R 2
                            Roth 2
                            Panther 1

This doesn’t even include the possibility of a third Vision car for Lloyd, or the part time programs for Sarah and Tomas. If Tony had ran a 3rd car, like last year we would be looking at almost the same fields this year as compared to last and without the influx of CC teams I think he would be doing a third car, in fact he still might.

The merger did not happen because the IRL was low on car count, the merger happened because KK was tired of throwing money away and he knew he had zero chance of creating a successful series out of Champ Car and Tony realized this was a good time to end the split.
                            Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara
                              Why do you make up stuff like that Racewriter? Its really rather silly and makes you sound stupid and I know you aren't. And Spike still will agree with anything that makes the IRL look desperate or bad.
                              yadda yadda yadda
                              Seems to me the only ones certain of high car counts are the faithful here. Many stories have reported on the small car count and the current committment at 15 or 16 - with no denial from the irl.

Racewriter nailed it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X