Paul Tracy on WindTunnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Tracy on WindTunnel

PT will be on Windtunnel this Sunday according to autoracing1.

To announce his new deal for $1 million a year with a top flight team? Or to be called out by Despain and Miller as unrealistic and that he should get his ego in check and aim lower for a place at the table to prove his talents in his twilight years?

Ovals are dangerous. The man has personally been a one man wrecking crew on road courses for 15 years and he is calling ovals dangerous?

Gawd, it would be nice to have him in the series as the black hat.

But is it worth $1,000,000 a year.....:nono:
    Last edited by rev-ed; 03-02-2008, 07:33 AM.

Comment

And how much does Danica get and how much has she done on the track?

Comment

Danica's presence on the team allowed them to sign up a big sponsor. Tracy's name has apparently never produced any interest.

Comment

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
          -John Morley

Comment

P.S. Don't give my number to Tony George, he's kind of icky and I want somebody cuter.

Comment

I thought PT had a $10 million Monster Energy Drink sponsorhip ready, in hand. If he wants a $1 million salary, there are many teams out there that will allow PT to be paid his $1 million out of the sponsorship he supposedly has and use the other $9 million to run the team.

What am I missing?

Or maybe it should be, what is PT missing? The sponsorship deal in the first place?

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
              Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
              www.fairtax.org

Comment

Originally posted by brickyard1911
                I thought PT had a $10 million Monster Energy Drink sponsorhip ready, in hand. If he wants a $1 million salary, there are many teams out there that will allow PT to be paid his $1 million out of the sponsorship he supposedly has and use the other $9 million to run the team.

What am I missing?

Or maybe it should be, what is PT missing? The sponsorship deal in the first place?

Your paragraph #1 makes perfect sense. Obviously, the Monster sponsorship was exagerated at least 3 times over.
                "You have not converted a man because you have silenced him."
                -John Morley

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                  P.S. Don't give my number to Tony George, he's kind of icky and I want somebody cuter.
                  Oh, I don't know, Jim. I think TG would be quite the catch for you.
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by JBaiza
                    nicely done
                    LMAO
                    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by MarkDonohueFan
                      Gawd, it would be nice to have him in the series as the black hat.

But is it worth $1,000,000 a year.....:nono:
                      Yes and yes
                      Live like Dave

Comment

I can't believe The Speed Report isn't leading off with the merger news! What's wrong with these people!? :mad:
                        (nothing against AMA, but c'mon, this was THE BIG NEWS of the week, IMO)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvetteFan
                          And how much does Danica get and how much has she done on the track?
                          Danica is worth whatever she is paid. I don't see any sponsors dropping her.
                          It's always been about the Indy 500!
                          I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

So Gerry is gonna sit Paul for 4 years, until his skills are completely atrophied, just to prove a point?
                            ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Maybe not:

"It kind of leaves me hung out,'' Tracy said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. "I just got the information, too. ... Now I have some legal issues to jump through with this. I need to step back with my management and sort through my contract, which has a buyout.''

Neil Micklewright, vice president of operations for the Forsythe team, issued a statement Thursday that said the team had been unable to secure the necessary sponsorship to be able to compete in the IRL IndyCar Series this season.

The 39-year-old Tracy said that once he is free from contractual obligations with Forsythe, he wants to sign with another team as quickly as possible.
                              link

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X