NASCAR at Vegas: 47 cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NASCAR at Vegas: 47 cars

Only 47 cars tried to qualify, 48 entries if you count Burney Lamar who withdrew and never ran.

They had 53 last year.

"Only 47 cars."

Gee, Jim, that DOES suck.
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Their qualifying crowd yesterday, will likely be bigger than the Homestead IRL race crowd.
      IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter
        "Only 47 cars."

Gee, Jim, that DOES suck.
        Down 10% in one year? I thought the COT was supposed to even things out, give everyone an equal shot.

Comment

The rule with 35 guaranteed starting positions keeps new teams from coming into NASCAR Sprint series. Plus, the long haul for a team that most likely not qualify would keep them at home in the southeast.

Comment

How can there be an "equal shot" when 81% of the field is in the race before qualification? And even getting in the remaining 19% is iffy at best.
            If you break a vase and then glue it back together and the vase loses it's value, you do not get credit for fixing it. You get the blame for damaging it....

Comment

The impact of the qualifying rules is very good possibility. It's ridiculous for a driver to qualify 30 out of 40+ cars and to be sent home cause his speed wasn't in the top 20. NASCAR needs to drop the number of guaranteed spots.

Comment

AJ Allmendinger 0 for 3 in 2008.

Come on back AJ!
                Rest in peace, Dan Wheldon 1978 - 2011

Comment

My new who cares what Robin Miller says

Who cares what nascar does.
                  "Moralism is often the first strength of a weak mind"
                  -Norman Mailer-

Comment

Originally posted by sweaty

Who cares what nascar does?
                    Most of America's race fans.
                    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

sigh...and so it continues...
                      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

So I guess with the ratings up, we now have moved on to NASCARbashing because "only" 47 cars showed up.

Comment

These are facts:

Last year, 53 cars attempted to qualify at Las Vegas.

This year, 47 cars attempted to qualify at Las Vegas.

That's not a bash, that's not an opinion and it is not an isolated situation.

Comment

Originally posted by SamC
                            So I guess with the ratings up, we now have moved on to NASCARbashing because "only" 47 cars showed up.
                            Since when does ratings of ONE RACE going up by 0.1(Cali was rain delayed) translate to "ratings going up?" IIRC, the Daytona 500 set an all time high in 2006, but the rest of the year saw a decrease of about 10%. Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
                              Their qualifying crowd yesterday, will likely be bigger than the Homestead IRL race crowd.
                              Then the series must make every attempt to keep this oval on the schedule shouldn't they.
                              Q: The Stanley Cup was recently on tour through my town and I kissed it, is there any chance I mite catch listeria?

A: NO you are safe, the cup hasn't touched any Maple Leaf products in 40 years

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X