Is this why the IRL isn't running Mexico City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this why the IRL isn't running Mexico City

With the announcement that GF has closed up his racing operation I wonder how much animosity there really is between GF and TG. Did Tony not pick up that race because it was basically Forsythe's race? Did Forsythe decide not to run the IRL because Tony wouldn't pick up the race.

I can't wait until the book come comes out on this whole thing.

Originally posted by Outlaw
    With the announcement that GF has closed up his racing operation I wonder how much animosity there really is between GF and TG. Did Tony not pick up that race because it was basically Forsythe's race? Did Forsythe decide not to run the IRL because Tony wouldn't pick up the race.

re: book.

it's being written hour by hour right here at TF, isn't it?
    http://danwheldon.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw

I don't think Mexico City was 'Forsythe's race' any longer. Gerry had a partnership with CIE/OCESA but was gradually eased out.

Comment

I don't think Mexico City was 'Forsythe's race' any longer. Gerry had a partnership with CIE/OCESA but was gradually eased out.
        That is absolutely, definitively correct, Jim.

Mexico City was a financial and security nightmare, no matter the series or ownership. Racing has had problems there since they dabbled in F-1. For Forsythe, he was unable to control the bookkeeping to make it actually profitable because every great sponsorship deal he would get; there would be 1 in 3 tickets being given away and another 1 in 3 fans getting in under or over the fence. Too big of a headache to saddle the blame for 300,000 people showing up and not making a dime.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X