Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forsythe Bows Out

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Statement from Neil Micklewright, VP of Operations for Forsythe Championship Racing Ltd., LLC:

“Forsythe Championship Racing is announcing today the cessation of its racing operations. After 13 years of competition in CART and the Champ Car World Series, the team has been unable to secure the necessary sponsorship to be able to compete in the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series in 2008. Forsythe Racing Inc., the parent company of FCR, will participate in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, the Champ Car finale, with drivers to be announced.”

Read that elsewhere, nothing on their website, though.

Shame he couldn't get over it, must have been tough to end such a prestigious organization like this.

So, PT to Vision.
    ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

To paraphrase what I said on the ICS board with regard to this: better than Forsythe drop out than to have obstructed the unification. . .or to be a cancer in the ICS.

Hope those who are laid off find work, and that Tracy lands a ride in the ICS.

Adama, any thoughts on this, given what you wrote the other day about Forsythe being eager to 'show up' TG and the IRL?

Originally posted by Adama
      My source at Forysthe said they were told to enjoy the weekend off because it was the last one they would be getting in a while because once the new cars come in its going to be all hands on deck 7 days a week in order to put on a respectable showing. Let us not forget that Forysthe absolutely cannot stand TG and the entire organization would like to extend a middle finger by winning Indy.
      John

Comment

Originally posted by RSR
        To paraphrase what I said on the ICS board with regard to this: better than Forsythe drop out than to have obstructed the unification. . .or to be a cancer in the ICS.

Hope those who are laid off find work, and that Tracy lands a ride in the ICS.

Adama, any thoughts on this, given what you wrote the other day about Forsythe being eager to 'show up' TG and the IRL?

John

Ouch! Calling out the all knowing, all seeing eye is bad karma, John!

Anyway, Adama is still at CCHQ, waiting for the ''lights out'' order.

Comment

More info;
          Micklewright comments

Comment

It also seems like Petit is done too. PKV is now KV and no mention of Petit.
            “If somebody blocked you, you either hit ’em in the *** or got out of your car and beat their ***,” said A.J. Foyt

Comment

Too bad Jumpin' Gerry. Enjoy Long Beach.

I guess the middle finger has been extended to you.

As for PT, he'll end up somewhere in the IRL. As one of the 2 name drivers that the former series had, he has to.

It won't be Vision. They have Carpenter, Foyt and Lloyd (which should be announced soon) ready to go for 08'. Judging by their testing times last night, they look pretty strong.

I'd say Bob Rahal's team will be the likely destination. Monster sponsorship for PT's ride, driving car #8. And, he can help Graham and Wilson with the oval stuff (since NHL and Rahal are partnered).
              IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

. . .hard to stay away from this one.

How bogus is this?
                Forsythe Championship Racing is announcing today the cessation of its racing operations. After 13 years of competition in CART and the Champ Car World Series, the team has been unable to secure the necessary sponsorship to be able to compete in the Indy Racing League IndyCar Series in 2008.
                Given that Forsythe has been the 'sponsor' for FCR these past few years, I figure this means he's bitter about how the whole unification went down, and has decided to take his ball and go home.

I would be astonished if Forsythe came back in '09.

John

Comment

Amazing that Forsythe cannot make it but tiny little outfits from both the IRL and CC can.

Maybe the rift between TG and GF is as large as speculated and Tony said ''no soup for you!''

Comment

Originally posted by RSR
                    . . .hard to stay away from this one.

How bogus is this?

Given that Forsythe has been the 'sponsor' for FCR these past few years, I figure this means he's bitter about how the whole unification went down, and has decided to take his ball and go home.

I would be astonished if Forsythe came back in '09.

John

Neil means they were unable to secure Gerry for the upcoming year.......

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
                      Neil mean they were unable to secure Gerry for the upcoming year.......
                      Nicely said. I tried, but I couldn't come up with something witty like that.

Kudos.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble

So, PT to Vision.
                        Some champcar fan's brains would emplode if Tracy won in a Vision car. They wouldn't know whether to cheer for Tracy or start their F, T and G mantra.

Bye, Gerry. Why didn't you just go away in 2003 instead of dragging ow through all of this? We could have one series then if you hadn't had to meddle around and try to one-up Tony.

Who's your daddy now, Gerry?

Just another rich guy who blows millions and millions and then bails leaving a wake of destruction behind him.
                        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

How long before the ''American GP series'', sponsored by Indeck, is born?

Comment

I thought Tracy was doing a seat fitting last week, in Chicago, for Gerald?

Did he not fit?

Of course, since PT said he didn't talk to his boss since December, maybe he didn't.
                            IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

I always figured it would be Newman, not Forsythe, who would refuse to race in the IRL.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X