Marketing in the media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing in the media

I think for the time being we can expect media reaction to IndyCar to be generally positive, though guarded. There is potential, but don't expect to turn the world on its head right away.

Case in point.

The important point is that the media is now talking about IndyCar in a positive way. TG has now eliminated the largest barrier to progress. And if you read closely what is coming out of the IndyCar offices, you might begin to see some branding/positioning take place.

If you read that piece from SI, you'll see that IndyCar's brand identity is slowly being developed through PR. Gossage talks about speed, and there's mention that NASCAR would never let a side-by-side comparison (IndyCar vs. Cup) take place.

This is the value of unification. And I believe it is worth every penny TG is forced to pay for it this year. The return has tremendous upside.
    Griz In Indy

Good article.

I found this passage interesting:

Especially if a dynamic, boundary-crossing driver is involved. And the IRL currently has one of the best in the world in terms of marketing in Danica Patrick. Whereas Joyce Julius calculates that Kevin Harvick's sponsors recouped $8.9 million worth of advertising value for his on-camera exposure in winning the 2007 Daytona 500 and Dario Franchitti just $3.6 million, Patrick generated $8.1 million for finishing eighth.
    Motorola sure is getting bang for their buck with Danica.

Comment

On thing we fail to acknowledge with the media, NASCAR. As long as we can keep certain members away from the influence of NASCAR, we should be ok. That being said, I believe NASCAR will do what it can to knock down Indy Car in the future. Call me paranoid, I dont care. I really feel that way.

Comment

Originally posted by owfan19
        On thing we fail to acknowledge with the media, NASCAR. As long as we can keep certain members away from the influence of NASCAR, we should be ok. That being said, I believe NASCAR will do what it can to knock down Indy Car in the future. Call me paranoid, I dont care. I really feel that way.
        I think NASCAR is more intent in taking down the NFL than ICS.
        "Moralism is often the first strength of a weak mind"
        -Norman Mailer-

Comment

Originally posted by sweaty
          I agree, they aspire to that benchmark as their competition and aren't looking back. Which is why it is imperitive that the ICS get people in charge who can ramp it up while no one is paying any attention to them. While NASCAR is focused on the NFL there's no interference for the ICS to move up and if NASCAR starts to roll backwards, pass them while they're still reaching for the NFL. If ICS attendance at ISC tracks would match NASCAR they would be so happy with the revenue and stock price benefit they wouldn't worry about the ICS gaining on NASCAR.
          "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
          "They're criminals"
          "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Agreed....and it may contribute to bad news for them. They think they can, but the reality is the NFL gets more viewers likely watching pre-season games for a total on a pre-season weekend in the league than NASCAR gets for every race but Daytona.

If they do go after football and Indy Car has a healthy environment to grow in, be prepared to watch NASCAR get too close to the sun and burn themselves.

Comment

They'll have to pass MLB, and probably the NBA, before they can set their sights on the NFL.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X