Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glad this guy isn't coming to the IRL....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad this guy isn't coming to the IRL....

http://www.rfmsports.com/Editorials/...ndex.2007.html
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Nice post.

Since you were such a big Champ Car fan, you must know that SB and Doorbos got over this. They raced each other hard and got along well the rest of the season.

As for me, I wish he was racing here this year to see how he would do against the elevated competition.

But thanks for the constructive post. I'm sure this will turn into an interesting and thoughtful thread. Yeah.........
    Last edited by Alex Chilton; 02-28-2008, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I wish he were, any series needs drivers driven to win that have the ability to back it up. The trouble with the equal-for-all kind of racing is that there is little of the racing we used to see back when it was the best racing on the planet. We need to find a way to get ALL of that back.
      It's always been about the Indy 500!
      I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

http://www.speedarena.com/news/publi...cle_5028.shtml

I'm no fan of Bourdais either, but on the track he is damn entertaining and damn fast. He was the best of the six Peugeot drivers at Le Mans last year.
        ... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James

Comment

Doc, have to disagree. Would have loved to have seen Sea Bass in a unified series. Or course, would have loved to see Sammy and Dario in one too.

Sea Bass has moved on to his dream of an F1 career. I wish him all the best. 4 championships were an achievement. And I wish Dario and Sam the best of luck in their new careers.

But Sea Bass would have been a great addition to the new series.

Just like the percentage of ovals/roads and streets, number of American drivers, and some other issues, we won't agree on everything.
          After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasserfan
            Doc, have to disagree.
            And thanks for the way in which you do it. It's a lesson in class that will surely sail right past badger.

Sea Bass has moved on to his dream of an F1 career.
            Which gives fuel to the dire for those who only want drivers in the IRL who dream of winning the Indianapolis 500.....drivers who want to be in the IRL. Seabass doesn't.

Just like the percentage of ovals/roads and streets, number of American drivers, and some other issues, we won't agree on everything.
            We are probly closer on the venue choices than you think.
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I would love to see more of this:

Open mockery of SeaBass on the podium is AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                Which gives fuel to the dire for those who only want drivers in the IRL who dream of winning the Indianapolis 500.....drivers who want to be in the IRL. Seabass doesn't.

We are probly closer on the venue choices than you think.

I would love to see Indy Car get back to were it was, were drivers are there because of the Indy 500 and their desire to drive here. I don't want the ICS to be viewed as a stepping stone to NASCAR or F1. I want drivers like Nigel to want to here and drive and prove something to themselves.

That said, it still would have been great to have Dario, Sea Bass and Sam in the same series for at least a year. But now, we move on to crowning new champs.

And I suspect you and Ir agree more on venue choices than perhaps myself and Jimmy.
                After years of fighting and a split, guess what, we are all IndyCar

October will always be a sad racing month for me. RIP Greg and Dan. You both were great and we miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by crispy
                  I would love to see more of this:

Open mockery of SeaBass on the podium is AWESOME!
                  :applause:
                  GO COLTS!!!

Comment

Comment

I wish he were racing in the ICS. Seb's a great talent, and I would love to see how he'd fare against the field with a NHL that was fighting hard to get a handle on the Dallara/Honda. By the end of '08, and through '09, I think he'd be a regular contender for victories.

And, hey--for those like Doc who aren't a big fan of SB, he'd provide another villain to cheer against, which can only increase the interest in the series! Like him or dislike him, at least Bourdais, like Danica, isn't one of those sports professionals whose public persona has all the animation and colour of a cardboard box.

As for Bourdais' desire to race in F1, and how that impacts our views on him racing in the ICS, I have a question: did the fact that Tony Stewart or Sam Hornish, Jr wanted to move on to NASCAR make their performances in the ICS any less enjoyable? How about A.J. Allmendinger's run in CCWS? Are these drivers to be viewed in a different light than those who stayed in the series? Should we want them to stay in NASCAR rather than coming back to IndyCar? Not in my book.

John

PS: Why biz rather than the ICS board with this one, Doc? I think that you could have had some interesting discussion with the fans there. . .

Comment

Seabass is a tremendous talent, but he's not the same guy he was when he first came to the US.

When I interviewed him the first time, he was a rookie, he spent a half-hour with me talking about subjects from Lemans, to his favorite all time drivers. He was really a joy to be around.

The last time i interviewed him, he was down to 2 and 3 word answers, with a scowl the whole time and generally didn't appear to be having any fun at all.

It's too bad because the "rookie" year SeaBass was a genuinely likeable guy.

Comment

a driver you love to hate that wins is better than a driver you just love that doesn't....

IMO anyhow

Comment

thanks to those in this thread engaged Doc in discussion on his legitimate opinion - a few couldn't be bothered and simply insulted or denigrated and their posts were deleted ... if you are one of those consider yourself on probation - the next time you respond to an individual and not the topic expect an appropriate response ...

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                              And thanks for the way in which you do it. It's a lesson in class that will surely sail right past badger.
                              How many classy SB hate threads does this make for you doc? Let it go, he's gone and has been for months.

To CuC:
                              How many threads do we get to see for a poster expressing hate for a driver before it's no longer a "valid" opinion? And can I have an equally valid opinion about another fellow poster or God forbid, Tony George? Finally, since when is the Racing Biz forum for expressing dislike for a driver, because I fail to see the business connection on this subject.
                              Last edited by BADGER; 02-28-2008, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X