Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Pays Less Than

Fred Nation says;
    The actual amount of last week’s offer was not revealed at today's news conference at Homestead-Miami Speedway, which featured George, founder of the Indy Racing League, and Champ Car co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven. But IRL spokesman Fred Nation said it was less than the $13.5 million George offered in a failed bid four years ago.
    Fire Sale

Well, no and yes. I doubt that KK and GF got a ton of money but it appears to me that Tony is gearing up to spend a lot more than $13 million going forward. Cars and TEAM support for the ex-CC teams will top that alone.

Comment

If Anton drops all 20 chassis on the new guys thats approximately 7 to 10 million deending on how you value them. Then we get let's say 10 fulltime entrants, that's another 12 million, and if things who hold true to form, Anton will again work the B2B issues for additional sponsorship and that's gonna cost him some change in labor beating the bushes, plus you gotta beleive there are gonna be some contract issues with existing venues that will either require some court time or pay-offs. My guess is Tony will pop for $50Million over the 3 years making this deal work.

IMHO, Tony has the racing business acumen to make this work. The IRL was set to be profitable again this year, and while this may derail that, I gotta beleive that by 2010 sanctioning fees, sponsorships, and TV revenues will make the IRL a profit center again.
      ...Always follow the money

Comment

Too bad he couldn't get his former poster girl a new car, while he was being Santa.

Q: Where are you getting your cars? I assume they're used cars.

O'GARA: We do have one car going through updates right now. It's getting the anti-intrusion panels fit. It is a used car. We have a line on other cars. We can't say right now whether it will be one car at Indy. Right now it's one car.

Of course, what did she ever do for the IRL?
        IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
          Too bad he couldn't get his former poster girl a new car, while he was being Santa.

Ya know, if she met all of the other qualifications the CC teams are required to, I'd be willing to be he would do the same for her as he is for them. Unfortunately she is only in for a select few races and with extremely limited availability, the Dallaras have to go to full-time participants.

Comment

I would suspect that in the not too distant past, quite a bit of 'assistance' was provided by the IRL to Sarah and/or the teams she raced for.

It would seem to be her choice that she is turning down $1.2MM in TEAMS assistance as a part-time rather than full season entry (recognizing that she may not have been able to find the additional sponsorship required for a full season entry).
            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I have yet to see any official mention of the details for supplying the former CC teams with cars.

Tony's former offer was to "assist" them with loans to buy the equipment for qualified teams only. What's the current deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                I would suspect that in the not too distant past, quite a bit of 'assistance' was provided by the IRL to Sarah and/or the teams she raced for.

It would seem to be her choice that she is turning down $1.2MM in TEAMS assistance as a part-time rather than full season entry (recognizing that she may not have been able to find the additional sponsorship required for a full season entry).
                Yes, I am sure in the past teams have been given brand new cars (for free), a Honda engine lease (for free), 1.2 million dollars and a existing IRL team to help hold their hands as they cross the street. Others have gotten "help", but not like that.

Its such a great deal that Dale Coyne, and his no-buck operation, looks like he will run 2 full-time cars. How is he affording it?

But, there is no deal for Sarah's team. And, she actually has sponsors (which some CC teams do not).

If Sarah got the same Santa treatment from the Indy Racing Circuit, she would be in for the season too. Might even have a prayer of competing too, with that new equipment.
                IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Yes, I am sure in the past teams have been given brand new cars (for free), a Honda engine lease (for free), 1.2 million dollars and a existing IRL team to help hold their hands as they cross the street. Others have gotten "help", but not like that.

Its such a great deal that Dale Coyne, and his no-buck operation, looks like he will run 2 full-time cars. How is he affording it?

But, there is no deal for Sarah's team. And, she actually has sponsors (which some CC teams do not).

If Sarah got the same Santa treatment from the Indy Racing Circuit, she would be in for the season too. Might even have a prayer of competing too, with that new equipment.
                  Okay. Who has a better chance at sticking around in 2 years? Dale Coyne, who has been here for 20 years or Sarah Fisher, who just started a race team?
                  “If somebody blocked you, you either hit ’em in the *** or got out of your car and beat their ***,” said A.J. Foyt

Comment

Originally posted by jkentner15
                    Okay. Who has a better chance at sticking around in 2 years? Dale Coyne, who has been here for 20 years or Sarah Fisher, who just started a race team?
                    80 year old Gerry Forsythe? Paul "Minardi" Stoddart? Alex Figge's daddy? Gentilozzi?

Sarah has been HERE since the early days.

Dale Coyne is just doing what he has done for years. Take the handout and say thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by vegasduo
                      I have yet to see any official mention of the details for supplying the former CC teams with cars.

Tony's former offer was to "assist" them with loans to buy the equipment for qualified teams only. What's the current deal?
                      Why do the irl fans have such a hard time with this? Seriously. It's been reported everywhere that tony is giving away engines and chassis. Except to established and money hungry irl teams that is.

Comment

Fred Nation says;
                        Quote:
                        The actual amount of last week’s offer was not revealed at today's news conference at Homestead-Miami Speedway, which featured George, founder of the Indy Racing League, and Champ Car co-owner Kevin Kalkhoven. But IRL spokesman Fred Nation said it was less than the $13.5 million George offered in a failed bid four years ago.

Fire Sale

After yesterday who cares, we have a fresh new start, it's worth it. Of course it ain't my money, but it is our fun.
                        It's always been about the Indy 500!
                        I realize I have the right to remain silent, but don't have the ability or enough common sense to do so.:rolleyes:

Comment

80 year old Gerry Forsythe? Paul "Minardi" Stoddart? Alex Figge's daddy? Gentilozzi?

Dale Coyne is just doing what he has done for years. Take the handout and say thank you.
                          In the "HERE" that Sarah has been, how many times has she owned her own team? Get back to us with that answer.

Dale Coyne is a very upstanding man, he's done the most with the least and I suspect his "handout" team will put a few established irl teams to shame. But at least he says thank you. Do you think Foyt has ever thanked anyone?

Comment

80 year old Gerry Forsythe?
                            Uh, Gerry was 60 in 2001 when this document was filed.
                            http://sec.edgar-online.com/2001/03/.../Section12.asp

That would make him about 67/68 now, not quite 80.

As a driver, not an owner.
                            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                              Uh, Gerry was 60 in 2001 when this document was filed.
                              http://sec.edgar-online.com/2001/03/.../Section12.asp

That would make him about 67/68 now, not quite 80.

As a driver, not an owner.
                              And, Jumpin' Gerry seems to have all the interest in racing of a dead guy, at this point. When was the last time the guy even went to a race?

And, now Sarah is a driver and a owner. What's your point? She's been here a hell of a lot longer than most of our new "stars" have been. But, I guess that doesn't count for much anymore.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X