"Important to me to have ovals"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Important to me to have ovals"

Tony says he wants a 20 race schedule, half ovals........but the ICS has pretty much 'exhausted' oval opportunities.

Time for Phoenix, Michigan and Vegas to get on the phone.

Originally posted by Jim Wilke

Time for Phoenix, Michigan and Vegas to get on the phone.

I believe those promoters are too exhausted.
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

Exact words....

"I would hope that the series would be APPROXIMATELY half oval".
      IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
        Exact words....

So what's your problem with that? Nine ovals? Eleven ovals?

Sounds like they are looking for balance and profitability.
        You can't chase the American Dream in a hard-top!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
          Exact words....

which could mean either slightly more than 50% of 20 or slightly less. It all depends on your view.

To me, approx half ovals of the 20 race season means the 11 oval events we already have.
          Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
          Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

I think Nashville and Milwaukee are on the bubble. Too bad, as I like Nashville for the fact that it is concrete and not asphlalt.

Give Texas thier date back the week after Indy and reward Eddie for sticking with us and promoting the race like everybody should be doing at other venues.
            Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by bever911
              which could mean either slightly more than 50% of 20 or slightly less. It all depends on your view.

To me, approx half ovals of the 20 race season means the 11 oval events we already have.
              That's what I take from the press conference.

I've got to convince myself that the glass is 50% full I guess. I'm still holding out hope for PIR/Vegas/Cali being added back.

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
                I think Nashville and Milwaukee are on the bubble. Too bad, as I like Nashville for the fact that it is concrete and not asphlalt.

Give Texas thier date back the week after Indy and reward Eddie for sticking with us and promoting the race like everybody should be doing at other venues.
                Milwaukee is a good guess, but Nashville I think will be fine. Kentucky should be the ones that should be concerned too.
                “If somebody blocked you, you either hit ’em in the *** or got out of your car and beat their ***,” said A.J. Foyt

Comment

Since SMI now owns Loudon, maybe ask if a race there is possible.

Comment

CREATING A SCHEDULE

1.) Schedule every oval that has proven to be successful in terms of attendance and finances.

2.) Fill out the remainder of the 20-race schedule with road and street courses that have proven to be successful in terms of attendance and finances.

3.) Rinse and repeat.
                    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by jkentner15
                      Milwaukee is a good guess, but Nashville I think will be fine. Kentucky should be the ones that should be concerned too.
                      Homestead better have great attendance this year.
                      Q: The Stanley Cup was recently on tour through my town and I kissed it, is there any chance I mite catch listeria?

A: NO you are safe, the cup hasn't touched any Maple Leaf products in 40 years

PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

A 50 / 50 mix would be perfect, IMO.

Face it, the vast majority of teams and drivers in the series [both IRL and CC] hate the 1.5's. We need a couple, as they are great entertainment, although they are too dangerous. I always breath a huge sigh of relief when they are over, and all is well.
                        ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

Vegas won't pay a sanction fee so cross them off.

Comment

Why should Ky be worried? They had fine attendance last year.

Comment

Need to look at NASCAR.

That racing is first and foremost (with little left over) about folks that own race tracks.

In fact, the entire series is owned by a group that owns lots of race tracks.

A VERY successful formula.

Well, the IRL is owned by a race track owner, too, and of course an oval is pretty much by definition NOT owned by a government but instead by either a series owner or someone with lots in common with the series owner. Perhaps they even race at each others' tracks.

Forum polls do not define the market, and I'd expect lots of ovals, next permanent courses owned by private ownership, and last and really least, streets (and runways) owned by governments.

It's not only not about governments, it's also very little about owners of race teams. And as recent events have shown, it's not much about folks that own series but not tracks, either.

A little "business" at the business forum.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X