'Gentlemen, Start Your Parsing!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Gentlemen, Start Your Parsing!'

Wind Tunnel press conference is on now. I will be very interested to find out what is actually said rather than what I hear.

I missed the first few minutes, found streaming on the IRL site. KK just said he looks forward to joining and working with Chip. So does that mean KK is a side team to Chip now with Vasser?

Comment

Each CC team will be 'assigned' to work with an existing ICS team to share info. Tony said they will try and put teams together that have some natural connections. He mentioned KV with Ganassi and Haas with Rahal but that was it.

Comment

Was it stated in the beginning that PG was not crossing over? Some one at CCF said he and DP were not going IRL?

Comment

PG said he wasn't going to join the ICS, "couldn't make the numbers work." Maybe he found a new pencil.

Comment

After watching Tony mumble and stumble his way through that press conference it appears the slogan "I am Indy!" has been replaced with "I, ummm... Indy?"
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Make fun of his uneasiness in public speaking all you want, but he now holds all the cards and your savior sold you all out.

Comment

Originally posted by ToddBenne
                Make fun of his uneasiness in public speaking all you want, but he now holds all the cards and your savior sold you all out.
                And that's all it was, having some fun. Making a joke. As for saviors selling out, there are already a good many who feel Tony has sold out their dream of an all oval or predominantly-oval series. You also make the mistake of referring to KK as being my savior.
                "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
                  Yep, hdolan has only appeared as a blank space on my browser for months now, nirvana!. What have I missed? [apart from 10,000 references to TG selling us out]
                  You have missed some astute commentary on the staus of American Open Wheel racing...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Kimble
                    Yep, hdolan has only appeared as a blank space on my browser for months now, nirvana!. What have I missed? [apart from 10,000 references to TG selling us out]
                    How do I add him to mine?

Comment

Originally posted by ToddBenne
                      Plus he now has John Clagett looking out for him; despite our earlier concerns, John apparently made it out of Brazil safely and just in time to plant himself in front of the camera at Homestead.

Comment

I taped it and watched it. I think you get more information from a defendant in a mob trial in Chicago than you got there.

Basically we're working on getting 2008 in order but nothing is set yet and 2009 will come, in less than a year and we know less about that. If there was one ray of hope for the future I saw no sign of Gene Simmons, maybe not enough TV cameras or middle aged worshipping fans but I didn't see him mugging for camera time.
                        "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                        "They're criminals"
                        "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Thanks RK
                          It's a 2.5 mile oval of asphalt-covered bricks, used just three times a year. Yet it hascome to be the worldwide symbol of auto racing. More than that, it is our city's beacon to the entire globe, the main reason everyone knows there is an Indianapolis somewhere in the vast interior of America.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman
                            I know KK stated 3 times that LB will be the DP01's final appearance, and that the package from here on out is the Dallara Honda. So that is one solid piece of info. The other would be that some drivers may fly back from Motegi to race at LB. I don't think that means the former CC teams will do Motegi then fly back as they will need to be in LB to do practice and qualifying. Then the guys from Motegi can hop in the back up cars at the back of the pack.
                            I think were more likely to see Jimmy Vasser in a car than we are anyone who races in Japan.

Comment

It has been a long time since Roger Penske has missed an opportunity.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X