No announcement yet.

The Corona Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Each Christmas Eve The Friendly Tavern here in town closes around 3PM when the shops are calling it a day. They remain open for only invited guests and the shop folks in town. One drink is on the house, happy greetings are exchanged and a couple Christmas carols are sung. At 5 o’clock Scott says it’s time for everyone to get out and go enjoy the night. It is always fun and a nice start to Christmas Evening.

Not happening this year. Thanks COVID.

Comment

• I don't understand why I am up, but i am. Just finished reading a story about crowded hospitals and so on...
      so now any regrets I have had about not being in touch with the human races seem to have clouded my head.....
      I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with my cousin Sandi. She is a couple years younger than me, and, frankly, was the first crush of my life...
      Bright. Beautiful.. The woman I never deserved...
      (sigh) but she was my cousin...
      we compared notes about getting older. Her guy is 76, and I got the feeling that she, maybe not effortlessly, guides him thru life..
      What is the point of this?
      Seriously, you are asking me?
      I mean what the fish? Who do I look like? That Ren guy???
      Sorry... That was the gin talking...

So each of us needs to take stock of those we hold near and dear, because it may seem like a new year, but it isn't...
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      ~~Groucho Marx
      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

• Originally posted by goner View Post
        Each Christmas Eve The Friendly Tavern here in town closes around 3PM when the shops are calling it a day. They remain open for only invited guests and the shop folks in town. One drink is on the house, happy greetings are exchanged and a couple Christmas carols are sung. At 5 o’clock Scott says it’s time for everyone to get out and go enjoy the night. It is always fun and a nice start to Christmas Evening.

Not happening this year. Thanks COVID.
        I want to put on my bucket list going there and buying you a drink...
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx
        I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

• Dad is now 83 and lives in The Villages where he and 120,000 of his best friends play a lot of golf. The golf group he plays with had an outdoor party a couple weeks ago with about 90 members attending. To date 3 of those members have tested positive though they could have gotten it elsewhere.

Their euchre club is meeting tonight.
          Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• A friend of mine says when it comes to COVID-19, "I would rather die than not live."

Maybe their attitude? I dunno...
            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
            --Danny Noonan

Comment

• It is certainly for some.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post

I want to put on my bucket list going there and buying you a drink...

Ok, you’re up late eh.

Anytime. Better call first though, I’m not one of the daily railbirds.

Comment

• I have a number of utility extension cords 50’, 100’ long. I have begun to lay them out and take out all the twists and kinks that happen when looping them to hang back up.

I think it’s a sign being cooped up is starting to get to me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X