No announcement yet.

The Corona Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crap. For her sake and her co-workers' sake. This is not a good time to have fewer people on deck.
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Comment

• The CDC said today, don't travel for Thanksgiving...
      ...oh well.

I am travleing tomorrow masked and sanitized. Mrs Numb is picking me up. I assume she will be masked and sanitized.
      And we will be spending quality time together. I want to see my bros, but I suspect there will be no indoor dining...
      Last edited by comfortably numb; 11-22-2020, 10:15 PM.
      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
      ~~Groucho Marx
      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

• I have been trying to wrap my head around the curfew rules. So everyone has to be in by 10:00, even though there may be fewer people out at 10:00 than any other time of the day?
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

• I brought back from northern WI a fresh Christmas tree. Yesterday it was cut, placed in a bucket of water and the binding taken off. Nice tree. Today, we begin with the decorating.
          The cats love Christmas tree time. They know they are supposed to sleep under it and the water dabbed up with paws is much better than everyday water. I haven’t tried tree water, yet.

Comment

• Found out today my brother-in-law--who, at the last minute, cancelled his family's coming up to our house for Thanksgiving because "the science says its not safe"--just tested positive himself for COVID-19. Aaaand, my grandson has a fever, so he was tested today. Daughter and granddaughter had colds and mild fevers a week earlier; daughter seems to think that was COVID-19 too, somehow I really doubt that. If there's one thing everyone I know who've dealt with the Mighty Germ have in common, it's exhaustion, sometimes lasting weeks after all the other symptoms go away. She says she's been a bundle of energy the past couple of days.

Because they didn't come up for Thanksgiving, we'd planned to bring our pre-cooked dinner down to them this weekend and have a combination Late Thanksgiving/Grandkids' Birthdays party. Looks like that just got torpedoed. Maybe they'll all have enough antibodies built up we can see them at Christmas?
            Last edited by skypigeon; 12-02-2020, 08:44 PM.
            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
            --Danny Noonan

Comment

• Wow, good luck and health to you and your family.

Comment

• Originally posted by skypigeon View Post
                Found out today my brother-in-law--who, at the last minute, cancelled his family's coming up to our house for Thanksgiving because "the science says its not safe"--just tested positive himself for COVID-19. Aaaand, my grandson has a fever, so he was tested today. Daughter and granddaughter had colds and mild fevers a week earlier; daughter seems to think that was COVID-19 too, somehow I really doubt that. If there's one thing in common everyone I know who've dealt with the Mighty Germ have in common, it's exhaustion, sometimes lasting weeks after all the other symptoms go away. She says she's been a bundle of energy the past couple of days.

Because they didn't come up for Thanksgiving, we'd planned to bring our pre-cooked dinner down to them this weekend and have a combination Late Thanksgiving/Grandkids' Birthdays party. Looks like that just got torpedoed. Maybe they'll all have enough antibodies built up we can see them at Christmas?
                Sometimes months.

Anyway, I hope they all shake the virus quickly so you can visit.
                Center Grove Trojans
                2008 5A Football State Champs
                2015 6A Football State Champs
                2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• I got nothing new to report except that Rick dinged his ankle yesterday so we did not work. I am hoping it is still sore today so I can stay home...
                  ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X