The Corona Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and so 12 hours later it is "How soon can you get here?"
    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
    ~~Groucho Marx
    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

• Picked up what??
      There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

• Originally posted by doitagain View Post
        Picked up what??
        She has not had the sore throat or trouble breathing, but has been endurring fevers and chills and just plain exhaustion for about 10 days. Said it has been the sickest she has ever been, but has not left the house. I'll be on my way to take care of her in a couple hours. This week's get together with the Fun Couple and the NGC has been canceled, but we are still stuck with the rental house. We will just have as romantic weekend as we can.
        "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
        ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

• She is feeling better because she has started picking on me.
          We both were tested today
          ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

• Signs, signs, everywhere are signs...

20200730_114640.jpg
            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
            ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

• And the sign said long haired freaky people
              need to go 'round the back...

20200730_114713.jpg
              20200730_154726.jpg
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"

Brian's Wish

Comment

• Awww...

20200730_114744.jpg

Brian's Wish

Comment

• The race gang went to an outdoor jazz performance at the park Wednesday. Lots of masks and distancing. Some folks were edgy. Their eyes were saying - stay away from me.
                  A young girl I’ll guess around 7 or 8 years old free form danced To the music and took breaks by having people pose and in the sand she would use a stick to sketch them. Then back to dancing and then another model. It was inspirational to me. An artist at work, enthusiastic and very serious. I think she will leave tracks on this earth for a long time.

Comment

• Here is another from the other night at Eagle Creek. This park has a nice lake and boating. An ol’ guy and his wife come strolling in. He wearing one of those silly boat captains hats, a nautical inspired shirt, big ol’ baggy white shorts and white sneakers.
                    We have seen this gent around town at nearly every event there is in the city. He always dresses for the occasion in a suitable outfit At French Market, he wears colonial period clothes, a tri-point hat, puffy shirt, short trousers and over the knee socks ala Ben Franklin. At Irish Fest, you can imagine. He always has a smile on his face.
                    Then he strolls around, begins dancing alone and soon has a line of young ladies waiting their turn to twirl and dance through the crowds. He knows his steps.
                    After awhile he rejoins his wife, they have a cocktail and then head home.
                    I have seen these two for years. They make a lovely couple. And it is easy to see their appreciation for one another. They are making it through the crisis together!
                    We should all hope to have half of what those two have. Next time I think it is time to strike up a conversation.

Comment

• This weekend I’m going to attempt my first smoked salmon. A couple nice chinook/king salmon are about to go in the brine. Tomorrow they go in the smoker.
                      I’ve talked to others that say all of their attempts have been a fail. Sometime tomorrow afternoon I will know the results. 🤭

Comment

• This weekend I’m going to attempt my first hurricane since moving to Palm Beach in January. 😑

Comment

• ‘Tis the season. Hang on tight.

Comment

• Mrs. Numb says she feels about 70%..Must have been all that lying around and being fed and waited on by The Fun Couple the last three days...
                            ~~Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by goner View Post
                              This weekend I’m going to attempt my first smoked salmon. A couple nice chinook/king salmon are about to go in the brine. Tomorrow they go in the smoker.
                              I’ve talked to others that say all of their attempts have been a fail. Sometime tomorrow afternoon I will know the results. 🤭
                              What smoke flavor?
                              Center Grove Trojans
                              2008 5A Football State Champs
                              2015 6A Football State Champs
                              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by comfortably numb View Post
                                Mrs. Numb says she feels about 70%..Must have been all that lying around and being fed and waited on by The Fun Couple the last three days...

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X