No announcement yet.

Goodbye Manson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure I ever met him in person but respected the heck out of him on line. We were Facebook friends. While I knew he was fighting cancer I was shocked and saddened about a week or so ago when I saw he was placed in hospice care.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan
      Perfect representation of society's electronic faceless and voiceless, 'lost in translation'.
      What I took away from that thread besides Dave's genius, was that in the old school days the disagreements were civil and that thread went 2 pages not 40! I saw a lot of names that posted on that thread that are no longer with us. Those folks had a lot to do with how much fun the IRL forum used to be back in the day.

Brett, I'm sorry you lost a close friend today. I had kind of forgotten that you and Dave were that close because the core group that used to get together at the Flag Room fell apart years ago. I'm glad I got to be there for the days of pushing 2 and 3 tables together before it became a standing room only deal to watch a race. Then your little gathering grew into the massive opener party that I was fortunate enough to work the door for and meet so many people here at TF whether or not they remember I was one of the 3 women giving them either raffle tickets or a name tag. Those were good times and good memories.

Despite David's passing today I've had time to reflect about good times that I had at IMS. I've thought about old friends that haven't come to mind in awhile. I'm sad we've all lost a friend but I know he's going to be benchracing now in good company with quite a few of our friends who have passed on. Godspeed David, you'll be missed and fondly remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim View Post
        What I took away from that thread besides Dave's genius, was that in the old school days the disagreements were civil and that thread went 2 pages not 40! I saw a lot of names that posted on that thread that are no longer with us. Those folks had a lot to do with how much fun the IRL forum used to be back in the day.

Brett, I'm sorry you lost a close friend today. I had kind of forgotten that you and Dave were that close because the core group that used to get together at the Flag Room fell apart years ago. I'm glad I got to be there for the days of pushing 2 and 3 tables together before it became a standing room only deal to watch a race. Then your little gathering grew into the massive opener party that I was fortunate enough to work the door for and meet so many people here at TF whether or not they remember I was one of the 3 women giving them either raffle tickets or a name tag. Those were good times and good memories.

Despite David's passing today I've had time to reflect about good times that I had at IMS. I've thought about old friends that haven't come to mind in awhile. I'm sad we've all lost a friend but I know he's going to be benchracing now in good company with quite a few of our friends who have passed on. Godspeed David, you'll be missed and fondly remembered.
        Thanks Paula,...and not just for the kind words.
        I've had the whole day reflecting. I've spent more time here at TF today than I have in a loooong time, it's been fun reading old posts and thinking of all the friends I made here since 2000. Sadly many of the old-guard are no longer here (and I mean more than just not at TF), yet I still see a lot of the old familiar 'regulars'. My absence has been due only to having such little time for it these days, my life has changed CONSIDERABLY since the 'good-ole' days here at TF. And they were good days...I made a lot of friends here, and did a lot of things with those friends. I've amazed my wife over the past 8-years how whenever we go to the races, how many friends I have at any race track we go to. I can go to any IndyCar race anywhere in North America and we'll see someone we know. And we're routinely offered lodging and/or at the very least invited to town and want us to be their guests for a dinner or evening too.

Here an ironic twist;
        David & I went to the 2000 IRL Atlanta race together as a result of our friendship built at SpeedNet & iRace. The Monday morning after that race week-end is when I became member #49 here at TF...and David followed shortly after. It is cool how all of us here at TF use to get-together at The Flag Room and at the race tracks. I have some very fond memories of all of us and our time spent here and the races...some of you have been more than just friends.
        Thanks everyone.
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Wow! I only met him once, and haven't heard his name in years. But I definitely remember him from the early days of TF and the IRL. He was definitely one of the good ones. R.I.P., David
          "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Dave was one of the good guys. A race fan who was as friendly as could be.

In what may be a little known tale, for a while he raced a street stock at the long gone Martin County Speedway, near Loogootee, Indiana.

RIP, good sir.

Comment

https://www.goochfuneralhome.com/obi...#/obituaryInfo

Here's a link to his obituary and service.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

RIP.. Manson was a good dude

Comment

Somehow this escaped me until now.
                  I’m saddened to hear the news.
                  Thanks to his chat room, I made many good friends among those who composed the “Wednesday Night Loser’s Club”
                  Too many of them are gone - Scrambler, Miles, Dog, Roach, and now Dave.
                  With one foot in the grave, and one foot on the pedal, I was born a Rebel.

Comment

Terribly sad! Rest in Peace Manson! Always great hearing his thoughts on anything racing! What a guy!
                    http://brianswish.trackforum.com/brianswish_main.htm/

Comment

Originally posted by jandj View Post
                      Somehow this escaped me until now.
                      I’m saddened to hear the news.
                      Thanks to his chat room, I made many good friends among those who composed the “Wednesday Night Loser’s Club”
                      Too many of them are gone - Scrambler, Miles, Dog, Roach, and now Dave.
                      We’ve been hanging around this place almost 20 years. Years add up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post

We’ve been hanging around this place almost 20 years. Years add up.
                        Indeed. Time slips away rather quickly as we age.
                        "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

Lee Iacocca

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X