Laying the Smack Down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laying the Smack Down...

Hey I don't get to gloat about Iowa basketball much.

It's always nice to beat IU especially when they are highly ranked and we were coming off getting our a$$es whupped in that dump known as East Lansing.

But I cringe when we head to Bloomington in February. That said, I'm still going to enjoy this while I can with all my IU colleagues here at work.

I thought this thread was going to be about you giving up your heroin habit...

I think road wins are going to be more rare than usual this season in the Big 10. The conference looks strong overall, and it's going to be hard to beat teams on their floor.
    "If there is a place on Earth synonymous with race cars, it is Indianapolis." -- Bernie Ecclestone

"No matter where you go in the world, you say Indianapolis and they don't think about football or basketball, they think about the race." -- Richard Petty

Comment

That was really funny
      "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

At full strength, I expect us (Indiana) to win that game.

Without White and Strickland, and Marco continuing his offense-only theme (but this time missing MORE easy layups) complete with dumb turnovers, poor rebounding, and non-existent hustle and defense - the end result was easy to see.

This team way not win a road game - the loss of White took us from a B10 contender, to the usual 4th to 5th place B10 finisher, with a first of second round ouster in the NCAA's.

I still contend Marco's extensive mistakes and turnovers "X-out" his scoring. Using the NHL's +/- stats would be interesting, because for every 2 points he scores, I'm sure Marco is responsible for 3+ of the opponents points.

Without White in there to help out defensively with rebounding, defense, and hustle - we're effed.
        "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Originally posted by indysteve

I think road wins are going to be more rare than usual this season in the Big 10. The conference looks strong overall, and it's going to be hard to beat teams on their floor.
          Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by mattndallas
            At full strength, I expect us (Indiana) to win that game.

Without White and Strickland, and Marco continuing his offense-only theme (but this time missing MORE easy layups) complete with dumb turnovers, poor rebounding, and non-existent hustle and defense - the end result was easy to see.

This team way not win a road game - the loss of White took us from a B10 contender, to the usual 4th to 5th place B10 finisher, with a first of second round ouster in the NCAA's.

I still contend Marco's extensive mistakes and turnovers "X-out" his scoring. Using the NHL's +/- stats would be interesting, because for every 2 points he scores, I'm sure Marco is responsible for 3+ of the opponents points.

Without White in there to help out defensively with rebounding, defense, and hustle - we're effed.

This is still the 2nd most talented team IU has had in 12 seasons. What that team was missing last night wasn't Strick & DJ.
            Center Grove Trojans
            2008 5A Football State Champs
            2015 6A Football State Champs
            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
            2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X
            😀