Like checking out new music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like checking out new music?

If you like listening to new music, I think many would dig the following. Jambase has a streaming jukebox that gets a new set of 8-to-10 songs loaded every couple of weeks. Well, as a thanks to Jambase users, they have populated the Jukebox with nearly all of the songs from the past year. This is a good collection of new eclectic tunes, many of which defy genres. They aren't all the best, but you can skip tracks that don't hit your listening pleasure-spot. (Hey, not everyone can be interested in Gabby La La or Les Claypool with Buckethead). It contains stuff like ...

Singer/Songwriter (americana folk roots?)
    John Prine
    JJ Cale
    Kevn Kinney
    Keller Williams

Jam Bands
    Gov't Mule
    Allman Brothers Band
    Widespread Panic
    Umphrey's McGee
    Rat Dog

new-grass / bluegrass
    Hot Buttered Rum String Band
    Yonder Mountain String Band
    String Cheese Incident

Brass Bands
    Bonerama
    Dirty Dozen
    Soul Rebels

Jazz Crossover
    The Bad Plus
    Pat Metheny
    Joshua Redman
    Bill Frissell

Third-wave Ska
    Pepper
    Slightly Stoopid

And stuff like ...
    Sonny Landreth
    Blue Merle
    The Mars Volta
    Gomez
    Ben Harper
    North Mississippi All Stars

and much, much more. All released within the past year. Hope everyone finds something they enjoy.

http://www.jambase.com/features/jukebox/

Happy Thanksgiving listening.
    "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

I was not aware of this.
    Thanks for the tip.

Since 98% of my cds are in storage over a 2-state area, this is prolly my best bet to hear the faves (Mule, Kevn Kinney, NMAS, ABB, & YMSB).
    "Foyt's mere presence is a punch in the face, an inoculation against milquestoast corporatism. There wasn't a car anywhere anyhow anytime that Foyt wouldn't put the boot to, and there hasn't been a race devised he couldn't win."
    - Jeff MacGregor, Sunday Money

Comment

Originally posted by athos1172
      NMAS.
      athos, if you haven't heard NMAS newest release, Electric Blue Watermelon, get 'er done. They have returned to their roots (and it doesn't hurt that they let their legendary father produced the disc too).

According to Dad ...

In the early Fall of 2004, the North Mississippi Allstars (Luther Dickinson, Cody Dickinson and Chris Chew) began what would become the six month process of recording their new record, Electric Blue Watermelon (ATO), their sixth album-length CD. We started at Sam Phillips' Studio with Roland Janes, the Great Kahuna of the Memphis Sound. We let the resulting demos fester a while and then we took the show to Ardent Studio "C" for a month long lock out with Pete Matthews, "Black Pete," as I call him, engineering. We augmented the result at the Zebra Ranch with long time Allstars' recordist Kevin Houston.

Electric Blue Watermelon is a return to form and concept for NMA. Luther came up with a strong variety of material put together from Otha Turner's vocabulary of wisdom and wit with some Furry Lewis on the side. Paying musical tribute to the late, great Lee Baker, Otha Turner, and Mark Unobski, Luther sought to immortalize his mentors and childhood influences as contemporary folk heroes.

With special guest appearances by friends Lucinda Williams, the incredible Robert Randolph, old road buddies Dirty Dozen Brass Band, and the ever present syncopated rolling thunder of the Rising Star Fife and Drum Band, this theatrical musical statement goes straight into the cosmos of collective imagination.

"Let's do it like we did before"
      "The face of a child can say it all. Especially the mouth part of the face" - Jack Handey

Comment

Sounds too good to pass up, I'll give it a listen ASAP. Looking forward to the new All Stars album. After seeing them last year in Memphis I dig them even more. Oddly enough, one of the coolest spots of the show was when they brought some local rapper up on stage and the guys and this dude clicked like they did it every day. An all new genre maybe - Rap n' Roll?
        Dan Schlosser
        Go fast, turn left !
        www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
        Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X