So where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So where were you?

I was home sick from school. My Grandmother took care of me while the parents were at work. She was watching As The World Turns. They broke in with the news. Watched Walter make his announcment.

Even as an 8 year old, I knew something very special was happening.
    ...---...

I was split in two. Part of my biological make up was still inside my mother while the other side--man, I don't even want to THINK about that--yuck.
    BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Sitting in a barracks at Fort Dix, NJ, ironically, cleaning a rifle. I can remember it as if it were yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Media Boy
        I was split in two. Part of my biological make up was still inside my mother while the other side--man, I don't even want to THINK about that--yuck.

Me too.

But did you have to put it that way???
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I was too young (only 22 months old). But according to my mom, she was doing the laundry and ironing and turned on the television when she heard the news. My dad was overseas on a destroyer at Pearl Harbor and when they got word of JFK's death, they immediately went on war footing.

Comment

Sun bathing on a grassy knoll watching a parade or something...

Seriously, I wasn't born yet, so...
            Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

As I left 8th grade Science class the teacher said "Oh, by the way, the president has been shot". I had an afternoon paper route (anyone remember afternoon editions of the paper?) and we had to sit at the paper office and wait for them to re-publish the paper that day.
              A book fell on my head, and I only have my shelf to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by 3-wide
                Sitting in a barracks at Fort Dix, NJ, ironically, cleaning a rifle. I can remember it as if it were yesterday.
                Now just exactly whose rifle were you cleaning? And how did you get it out of Dallas that fast?
                It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

I was in the womb. I'm sure my mother was as shocked as anyone else, but it didn't make her eject me two months early...
                  "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                  --Danny Noonan

Comment

At school. Ironically, one of our teachers had led a discussion about truth in the media the day before, and so some thought, rightfully so, that she was testing us.
                    "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                    ~~Groucho Marx
                    I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

5 years old, playing with my friend in their garage. When we were told, "The President died," I remember thinking, "Who is in charge, now?"

I didn't understand what was going on, but I knew it was big.
                      "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

I was 6 at the time and my Mom was (and is) a rabid Democrat. Even though the rural PA area we lived in was heavily Republican, I remember a buzz around the school and then of course the national news after I got home. Actually, I remember Bobby's assassination more clearly. I had a picture of him on the back of my bedroom door and I can clearly remember Mom waking me up and telling me he had been murdered in California overnight...

Comment

I was 2. Mum said she remembers my brother and I sitting on a sofa in the front room watching the news together, as if we understood what was happening. We were both crying, which made everybody else cry.

I've been to Dealey Plaza, by the way, and if you're ever in Dallas, do make time to go, and visit the Sixth Floor Museum. No matter what you believe about what did or didn't happen there, it is a fascinating and even eerie place and undeniable in its place in American history. From my perspective, the graffiti on the opposite side of the stockade fence on the grassy knoll is itself a good hour or so of often poignant reading, unless it's been replaced or painted over.
                          You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

In my first grade classroom at St. Andrew's School here in Indy. They announced it over the PA system. When our parents picked us up after school, many of them had been crying. I remember seeing Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald on TV as we watched and watching the funeral on TV. When we returned to school, they passed out Holy Cards with the President's picture on them. I still have that somewhere.
                            It really IS all good!

Comment

Recon mission in Nam with 15 South Vietnamese troops.............
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X