X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rundgren to replace Ocasek in new version of The Cars

This is kind of strange:

Rundgren steps in for Ocasek in new Cars

Is Todd going to sing both Ric Ocasek's and Ben Orr's songs? I guess he could do both about as well as anyone could. Ric and Ben definitely had very different vocal styles. Anything that gives me another chance to see Elliot Easton play guitar is OK by me (one of the most underrated rock guitarists IMO).

I'm sorry to hear there is little chance of a Utopia reunion. I saw them live at the IU Auditorium years ago, and I thought they were great. Their self-titled 1982 album is one of my favorites (Hammer in My Heart, Feet Don't Fail Me Now, Bad Little Actress, Libertine -- great songs!).
    "If there is a place on Earth synonymous with race cars, it is Indianapolis." -- Bernie Ecclestone

"No matter where you go in the world, you say Indianapolis and they don't think about football or basketball, they think about the race." -- Richard Petty

Originally posted by indysteve
    This is kind of strange:

Rundgren steps in for Ocasek in new Cars

Is Todd going to sing both Ric Ocasek's and Ben Orr's songs? I guess he could do both about as well as anyone could. Ric and Ben definitely had very different vocal styles.

Good Lord.

Although...the Cars concert I saw in '82(?) could have had Ozzy as lead singer. Ric was so high he could barely mutter the words.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Don't Quit Your Day Job

I'm the guy who blew off Todd Rundgren on AOL when he proposed to combine music with graphics because I didn't know who he was. I later met him in San Francisco and made amends. I'm too old for the music scene.
      Davydd (Anglicized Welsh name for David...that's all)
      Certified BPT Taster Pursuing Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
      Long lost Speedway Sparkplug thrashing about in the deep woods of Minnesota

Comment

Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

I saw them live at the IU Auditorium years ago, and I thought they were great.

Was that the "Road To Utopia" tour? (Set Me Free, Caravan, Last Of the New Wave Riders.) I was there as well. I saw Elvis Costello & The Attractions there in 79 or 80. What a great place for a concert.

Comment

There's also going to be a Beatles reunion, but it won't be with any of the actual Beatles. Well, maybe they'll get Ringo to play drums (he always seems to be willing to play), but I heard that the guys from Foghat will be playing guitars and Englebert Humperdink will be singing all of the songs.
            BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

...I'm sorry to hear there is little chance of a Utopia reunion. I saw them live at the IU Auditorium years ago, and I thought they were great. Their self-titled 1982 album is one of my favorites (Hammer in My Heart, Feet Don't Fail Me Now, Bad Little Actress, Libertine -- great songs!).
              One of the best concerts I saw during my 5 years at Penn State was TR and Utopia. They were touring on the 1977 release "Ra"...it was amazing. But all the people there to here him play "Hello, It's Me" were sure dissapointed.

Comment

They mention Greg Hawkes and Elliot Easton (who was playing in a new version of CCR). What about drummer David Robinson?

This isn't good. I suppose Ocasek is going to play with Kasem, Willy and Roger in a new version of Utopia.

I love Todd Rungren's music, but this should never happen. Call them the Used Cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                  Call them the Used Cars.
                  That reminds me of one of the most funny movies ever.
                  It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by PDC
                    That reminds me of one of the most funny movies ever.
                    Agreed. Steven Spielberg produced that movie too.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                      Agreed. Steven Spielberg produced that movie too.
                      And directed by Robert Zemeckis (Back To The Future, Forrest Gump, Cast Away, ect.)
                      Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Oh, and about the "new" Cars without Ocasek...

How's this for a nightmare...The Beatles with Paul McCartney, Sean Lennon, Zak Starkey and George Harrison's son (sorry, I can't remember his name.)

Thank goodness Zak Starkey is smart enough to be in a band with Johnny Marr, so maybe that won't happen.
                        Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Just the thought of today's Mick Jagger is scary enough for me!
                          It's hard to be cool when your dad is Goofy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
                            And directed by Robert Zemeckis (Back To The Future, Forrest Gump, Cast Away, ect.)
                            "That's New Deal Used Cars! D'ya hear what I'm tellin ya? NEW DEAL USED CARS! D'ya hear me talkin'...?"

cut to Jimmy Carter

"I have heard you, with unmistakable clarity..."
                            You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Used Cars possibly little known fact.

Marilu Henner is one of the 'dancers' that appear on top of the cars.
                              To a New Yorker like yourself, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X