Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its that time of year...time for White Castle Dressing/Stuffing

Go here for the recipe.

If you haven't tried it, what are you waiting for????

Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

I love White Castles but I don't do turkey on thanksgiving... normally but got one given to me from work so what the hey?

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

I will vouch for the tastiness of the White Castle stuffing. Don't over-do the seasonings. Let the natural yumminess of the White Castle come through. Also, be sure to order them without pickles...

Also, my advice is don't tell your victims... I mean guests... what it is until after they've eaten some. If they know what it is beforehand they will be predisposed to not liking it. If they don't know, they will love it.

As far as this particular recipe, note that they list a "Large pickle" but then do not use it...? What's that all about?

White Castle also has the recipe on their official site. Personally, I like it a little more moist, hence a little more chicken broth, than the recipes call for.

Yours truly,

The Galloping Gourmet

Comment

Originally posted by crispy

Yours truly,

The Galloping Gourmet

Shouldn't you have signed off as the Trotting Gourmet? Especially if you eat this stuffing.

Comment

See? Predisposition.
          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
          --Danny Noonan

Comment

Exactly!

BTW, the Galloping Gourmet was Graham Kerr.

Comment

Here's the official recipe from White Castle. I think it is pretty much the same.

I've modified the recipe slightly. If you know what's good for you (and you prefer slightly more moist and less crunchy stuffing) you'd be well advised to take my advice... My changes are in red.

White Castle Turkey Stuffing

10 White Castle hamburgers, no pickles
              1 1/2 cups celery, sliced
              1 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
              1 1/2 tsp. ground sage
              3/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
              1/2 cup chicken broth or more!

Saute diced celery in butter until soft and tender but not brown. There's a term for this but this frickin' gourmet has forgotten it.

In a large mixing bowl, tear the burgers into pieces and add sauted celery and seasonings. Toss and add chicken broth to desired moistness. Toss well. Stuff cavity of turkey just before roasting. Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10- to 12-pound turkey). Note: Allow 1 hamburger for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of 3/4 cup of stuffing per pound.

Comment

Hey I shot the idea past everybody and they said; "why not?" So I guess we will be doin' the White Castle dressing... worse case we still got the Honey Ham.

I'm thinking it could mix pretty well... how about bread crumbs, are the buns from the ten White Castles really all the bread I'll need.

I had already decided to forego the pickle that the first recipe called for.

"Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

Comment

My opinion:

No need for extra bread.

I like Crispy's suggestions.

Absolutely positively leave the pickles out.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Pardon my ignorance...but is this buns and all? Do you buy them at White Castle or in the frozen food section of the supermarket. My lacto-ovo wife is gonna die when I spring this on her. The turkey is bad enough.

On another note, if you HAVE to eat fake turkey (as I will at some point this year), the best brand is Quorn.

Comment

White Castle hamburgers buns and all.

I've always bought them at that "restaurant". However, I've torn up fresh and warm and I've also let them sit in the fridge overnight and then prepared them.

Warm was actually easier. Your fingers do get greasy. If you do it this way, you'd better buy 11 or 12. I ate some.

Comment

Originally posted by Slim
                        Shouldn't you have signed off as the Trotting Gourmet? Especially if you eat this stuffing.

Meeeeeeeeeee-YOW!

Mmm. Now I know what I want for lunch, and there's a Porcelain Room just a few blocks away...
                        You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Saute diced celery in butter until soft and tender but not brown. There's a term for this but this frickin' gourmet has forgotten it.

.[/QUOTE]

Translucent?
                          ...---...

Comment

Bump
                            Center Grove Trojans
                            2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans

Comment

Do ya consume the Mickey's Bigmouth before or during the eating?
                              "The Internet. Where fools go to feel important" - Sir Charles Barkley

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X